Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Tursiops
My Device: Not Specified

DeskTop Manager freezes when searching for apps

Have the most recent 4.6 software installed.  Worked on day 1 with my new Bold, now everytime it searches for Apps, the status bar goes to what looks to be 100% then freezes.  Cannot load anything?  Anyone having this problem?
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: DeskTop Manager freezes when searching for apps

Curious. Is that 4.6 with or without the media manager?

I'd try doing a clean uninstall of the desktop software: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Afterwards install 4.6 again and see how it does.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
Tursiops

its With media manager, and come to find out that doesnt work either, also freezes,  im uninstalling everthing as we speak.
Elite I
jmrmb80

OK. Did you need the media manager? Some people found that that causes additional problems.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
New Contributor
Tursiops

is there another way to get music on and off?   Can it be done in the explorer window? drag and drop?
Elite I
jmrmb80

[ Edited ]

Yeah. Check out my post here

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

Message Edited by jmrmb80 on 11-06-2008 11:32 PM
New Contributor
Tursiops

Thanks, I appreciate it.    You would think RIM could come up with a better media solution than Roxio, that program doesnt even work right right as a windows app.
Elite I
jmrmb80

No problem, glad I could help.

Hope the 2nd time's a charm  :smileyhappy:

skibus

Did the new install help? Just did the same thing with my pearl and it does the same exact thing.

I really don't like this program, everytime something goes wrong I have to uninstall and reinstall which takes almost 30 minutes with Vista.