Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

After upgrading to Desktop 6.0, I can no longer fing the add-in function to sync my third party application (Ascendo Datavault).  I tried to reinstall Ascendo Datavault and the add-in function does not appear.

Where do I find the add-in function to sync third party applications?

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

i am having excactly the same problem - seems that RIM have forgotten to include the "add in" in v6!!!!

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

Add-Ins functionality is definitly there in 6.0. I am using it to sync KeyPass.  Desktop Software doesn't display any menu items for Add-Ins unless they are installed. 

sounds liek for some reason it doens't think your add-in is installed, or perhaps its incompatible with 6? 

bb6-addin.jpg

John Wohlers
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Your screenshot is different to mine as there is no add in function, just Applications and Organiser. How did you install DM6 as yours is obviously different? I am using a Bold 9700 but this shouldnt make any difference to the Desktop software.

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

I also do not see any add in and can not sync Ascendo Datavault. I was not sue whether to add a new device or switch, the only two options. Wish I had not upgraded, for sure.

My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

I too am missing my Ascendo DataVault add-in. I wrote to Ascendo and they are researching now. I have a total of three add-ins, so I can see the other two. It's just that DataVault did not carry over on the upgrade. Hopefully, Ascendo will have an answer post-haste...

My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Just made the mistake of updating to v6, my Ascendo Datavault synch stopped working too.

And V6 keeps whining at me to turn off Wireless Synchronization, but as it cant find any previous records of backups and sync's I aint doing anything till I'm convinced its not going to wreck all my settings.

My Carrier: Verizon

I also have Ascendo Datavault and have the same problem.  I just got off the phone with Blackberry/RIM support, and according to the tech support person, the option to synchronize Add-ins is not available at this time in DM v6.0.  I mentioned I saw the screen shot posted on this thread where there is an option for Add-ins, and he just said that the computers they have to use for support do not have the Add-Ins feature, and it was dropped for some unknown reason in v6.0.  He also said that they do not know when (or even if) it will be put back in.  I don't know why some people have it (there is another thread post where someone can sync his add-in) and why some of us don't.  I'll be interested to see what Ascendo says, so please post their response when you get it.  I guess it's back to v5.0.1

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

[ Edited ]

ralinavi wrote:

Your screenshot is different to mine as there is no add in function, just Applications and Organiser. How did you install DM6 as yours is obviously different? I am using a Bold 9700 but this shouldnt make any difference to the Desktop software.

I had the add-in working in 5, and then all i did was perform an upgrade via the popup.  when 6 loaded, the add-in was there.

I jsut now tried installing the keypass add-in on my home computer that previously had no add-ins in Desktop Software 6, and when I re-launched teh Desktop Software 6, the add-ins menu was there as well. 

Perhaps, you could try downloading and installing the "Desktop Install" of Keypass for blackberry. http://f5bbutils.fairview5.com/keepassbb2/  and see if when it turns on the add-ins menu, if your other addin appears as well?

John Wohlers
My Device: 9700

I also have Ascendo Datavault, and losing this functionality is a DISASTER.