Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

Decided to give it another shot. I am running Windows VISTA Home Ultimate. I removed the version of ascendo desktop and did not delete the data. I then updated through the automatic update of the blackberry desktop to 6.0. I restarted the computer as instructed. I saw the new 6.0 on my desktop. I then installed the Ascendo 4.7 from the link above. After installing it asked for my old password and when opened had all of my data, all seemed well. I opened the 6.0 desktop and the add in was listed but it would not allow me to select it for use. I then realized that although it seemed to add software for the BB, that it was not connecting to my blackberry. I saw that the desktop 5.0 software was still there. I uninstalled it from Windows and then the new desktop would connect to my device but of course the Ascendo data vault add in button disappeared. I guess I am going to uninstall both and try again but this is kind of ridiculous for sure.

New Contributor

Re: Desktop 6 and Missing Add-in function

OK, all is well and I have now synched with ascendo data vault. Deleted the 6.0 updated version with settings and the installed 4.7datavault desktop but did not delete data. Downloaded a completely new version of BB Desktop 6.0 through the link from Verizon software updates. Again downloaded the Ascendo destop 4.7 with the link from this thread and when it came up entered my old password and the data was there. Plugged in my blackberry and it was recognized, the add in box was there and I have successfully synched including the datavault. The next time I get a message that there is a BB desktop update available I am going to be pretty wary for sure. This message board was very helpful to me for sure. Thanks to all.

My Device: Storm 9530

Re: BlackBerry Desktop Manager version 6, DataVault add-in

Thanks Rad, this worked for me.

After uninstalling everything (after backups), I reinstalled BB6, then DV 4.7, then DV on the Storm.  Running BB6 as Admin works fine, except for one issue.

If I try to "Sync All", the sync for Outlook works but does not update the home screen.  If I manually sync Outlook and then separately manually sync Add-ins, everything works as expected.

I'm hoping BB and DV get their act together and make BB6.x work more seamlessly.

For now, a double sync is working.

John E Schaefer
New Contributor

Just saw a message that an update for 6.0 from RIM, 6.0.0.47 was available. Anyone had any experience with it? Certainly hesitant after all the time wasted with the last automatic update. I clicked update later and want to hear that it does not lead to the same problem.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650

I updated and the add-in link is gone. DataVault is not updating even though the DataVault login screen opens up automatically  now.  I'll try a reboot and play with it tonight or this weekend.  I'll keep you posted.

New Contributor

Glad I asked. I will wait until I hear that it works, I rely on the DataVault. Thanks

New Contributor

After I rebooted my desktop and opened DM, tthe add in section was back and seemed to sync fine. I'd go for the update, I didn't have to do anything time consuming to get it to work, just a reboot.  I did open it the first time as administrator but I don't know if it would have worked anyway if I hadn't. :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: verizon

I have no idea where my brain was yesterday, but after all the hassles getting bb desktop 6 to play nice with Datavault, when the message said update bb6 I just did it.

What was I thinking?  Well, of course it killed Datavault for me, so I tried reinstalling Datavault desktop  (4.71b2), no luck.

I tried uninstalling bb desktop 6 and datavault, reinstalling both, removing and installing datavault on BB, multiple times, and gave up. I removed bb6, reinstalled bb desktop 5, and still I cannot get datavault to sync (shows as add on, doesnt sync). Sigh, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, but ....

New Contributor

Sorry Rad,

If it was not for your help I never would have got it to work in the first place.  I didn't do anything special. 1) Updated DM 2) Whined a lot when DataVault stoped syncing 3) Rebooted my PC (only because I ran a virus scan while I was at work) 3) Opened DM as administrator 4) Add-in was there, ran sync all, I made up a login to see if it would transfer and it did. My PC has Vista. Hope that helps, if anybody deserves to have it working its you!

New Contributor

Decided to go ahead an update the BB desktop. I did not have to reboot and the add in was there and it did synch. All seems well.