Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Regular Contributor
My Device: BB Torch 9800 v6.0, Bundle 2647 / BB Desktop Mgr v6.1.0.35 (bundle 34)

Desktop Backup Incorrect

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone,

I've been syncing my Torch regularly via the Desktop Manager & the syncs work fine & reflect a current date/time.  My backups however, are a different story. The backup says the last time I did so was in Aug 2010, when I had just completed a backup this week!  I've tried doing a full-manual backup, an automatic one, etc. -- none of these had any effect to the date shown.

Anyone know why my backups aren't updating when my syncs are?

Also, I've got a device update to install, but I'm holding off until I know I've got a good backup of the Torch first.

AT&T - BB Torch 9800 6.0 bundle 695 (v6.0.0.246, Platform 6.4.0.105)

BB Desktop Manager v6.0.0.43

~^~ CrypticAzn ~^~
- Pls. click on the LIKE button of this post if I was able to help you in some way. Thanks!
- If I've helped resolve your issue, don't forget to go to the top-right of this post and click on "OPTIONS > ACCEPTED SOLUTION". Thanks!
- See my profile for helpful links!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Desktop Backup Incorrect

Hi CrypticAzn,

Are you able to locate any BlackBerry backup files anywhere on your computer? They should be named by date and have an .ipd file extension. Can you see your backup files via the Desktop Software if you try to do a restore? When you complete a backup do you receive any message when it stops? 

You might also consider upgrading your BlackBerry Desktop Software to the latest version and testing again. http://bit.ly/cLzRuY

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!