Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
danhenegan
My Device: Tour 9630

Desktop Manager 1.03 (Build 19) can't see connected Tour 9630 (Blackberry employees please read)

OK.  I'm hoping somebody from Blackberry is reading this because to me, this is serious.  The economy sucks.  I'm building a real estate sales practice.  My Mac is my best choice, I'm migrating from Windows and am very happy doing so.  All else but Mac/Blackberry integration is going swimmingly with my migration.

So here's the latest frustration with Mac/Blackberry integration.  I need to backup my BB.  I can't.  Since the Blackberry developers haven't figured out how to provide solutions to sync with Entourage, I've recently purchased Pocket Mac.  That's been working better but has its own quirks that belong in a different post.

My problem first started when I implemented Pocket Mac.  I synchronize with Pocket Mac, quit Pocket Mac, dismount the Blackberry volume (so I'm utilizing Mass Media support on my BB), disconnect the BB, restart the computer, launch BB Desktop Manager 1.0.3 Build 19, connect the BB (mass media utilization works because I see the mounted volume on my OS 10.5.8 Desktop) and Desktop Manager still reports that the BB is not connected.  The Backup, Restore, Applications and Sync icons remain greyed out.

Rolling back to an earlier version of Desktop Manager won't work for me because the upgrade solves other issues that are important to me.

Editorial note:  Blackberry is going to lose out on some significant market share to iPads and iPhones if they don't assign talented Mac knowledgable resources to their development team.  There are enough super talented people that are unemployed that could make this work.  Please listen and ACT!  Please stop throwing Mac/Blackberry operators bones by rolling out untested and unusable software to thousands of unsuspecting business people who have better things to do than monitor forums for basic, seminal issues that work fine with Windows.

Help!!!! Please!!!!

New Contributor
danhenegan
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: Desktop Manager 1.03 (Build 19) can't see connected Tour 9630 (Blackberry employees please read)

If somebody sees this post and has the same problem, could you please reply to affirm the issue?  Thanks!

New Contributor
haredi
My Device: 9530 Storm

Re: Desktop Manager 1.03 (Build 19) can't see connected Tour 9630 (Blackberry employees please read)

I am having the same problem with my 9530.  The Mac does not see the connection to the phone.  This has driven me crazy for the past year and a half I have had a Storm.  

Needless to say, I destroyed the phone the other day by leaving it on the back of the SUV and having someone run over it.  I only have one month until I can upgrade which will either be to a Droid Incredible, or I will switch over to iPhone.  I am trying to sync the calendar and contacts so I can then sync with the Droid or iPhone when I switch.  

I have tried taking off the Desktop software and reinstalling, restarting the computer, etc.  Nothing works.  Unfortunately for RIM, I will not give up the Mac for the phone.  They should fix this issue once and for all, or if other carriers get the iPhone in a couple of years, they are out of luck with Mac users!

New Contributor
nigelhussey
My Device: 9520

I have exactly the same problem.  I manage to get it working sometimes by rebooting the mac with the Storm 2 connected to the computer and then when the Mac restarts then Blackberry Desktop sometimes sees the phone and I can perform sync operations.  What a pain.