Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager 4.5 / 4.6 - Intellisync Error 0X3B21

I continue to get this error when trying to sync my 8330 with Desktop Manager 4.5 or 4.6.

Setup:

Phone: Verizon 8330 OS v.4.3

Computer OS: XP Pro w/ SP3

Syncing with: Outlook 2007 via USB

I have tried:

Resetting the sync configuration

Battery pull and system reboot

Uninstall / reinstall of DM 4.5 and 4.6

Making sure I have admin rights to the machine and/or Registry keys noted in other docs.

Deleting the Intellisync folder

I'm pretty much at a loss here and don't know what can be causing the issue.

2 things that have been noted:

1) When exiting either DM or Redirector, I get a system error asking to report the problem to Microsoft

2) In DM it does not seem to be getting my email address from my MS Outlook Profile because I need to enter the address maually and check the "Override" box before Redirector will forward emails other wise it says "No Desktop Address"

Please help if you can.....

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Desktop Manager 4.5 / 4.6 - Intellisync Error 0X3B21

Hi...

I found this on another forum...

This could be it:

Cause

One or more contacts in the Address Book is missing information or has invalid characters in the First, Last or Company Name fields.

Resolution

Complete the following steps in the required order. When the issue has been resolved, do not perform any subsequent resolution steps.

1. Locate the Address Book contacts that contain incorrect information or are missing information.
  2. Correct the information or remove the contact.
  3. If you cannot locate the incorrect contact, turn on advanced synchronization logging.  For more information on turning on advanced synchronization logging, see KB01451.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

many people have encountered that intellisync problem. You can read the archives of their success in correcting the problem, it's here :
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/search?submitted=true&type=message&sort_by=score&advanced=tr...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for the responses.  I should note that I did search on the subject and have tried pretty much everything mentioned in the other threads prior to posting and have yet to find a solution. Sorry - should have mentioned that sooner.

I went thru all my contacts trying to find any that have invalid characters

Deleted the Intellisync folder (this seems to fix most peoples issues)

I can't even select what functions (calander, tasks, contacts) I want to sync without getting this error.

As I stated earlier, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail and deleted every trace in the registry prior to reinstalling.

Developer
My Device: 9000

Datalux wrote:

Hi and thanks for the responses.  I should note that I did search on the subject and have tried pretty much everything mentioned in the other threads prior to posting and have yet to find a solution. Sorry - should have mentioned that sooner.

I went thru all my contacts trying to find any that have invalid characters

Deleted the Intellisync folder (this seems to fix most peoples issues)

I can't even select what functions (calander, tasks, contacts) I want to sync without getting this error.

As I stated earlier, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times to no avail and deleted every trace in the registry prior to reinstalling.

Hi...

I am not sure what else you can do after researching. I googled the error and can see there is limited forum listings surrounding this error.

The one thread listed Outlook 2000 which is not campatable but your running 2007 Outlook.

This may be a reach but what happens if you create a new Outlook Profile with a new pst? Maby there is something going on with the way the default email client in Outlook2007 is setup. And, are you running Vista or Xp? I may have missed what OS your running in the previous threads.

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
New Contributor

[ Edited ]
Datalux, did you ever find a solution to the 0x3B21 error on desktop manager software? Please let me know.
Message Edited by pmelland on 06-12-2009 11:15 AM
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z30/Z10/Q10 (10.3.1.2582), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

pmelland wrote:
Datalux, did you ever find a solution to the 0x3B21 error on desktop manager software? Please let me know

Note -- please edit your post and remove the personal information...not allowed per the TOS of this site.

Here are 2 KB's that may  be relevant.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17307&slic...

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB17365&slic...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code