Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B49 Multilanguage - With Media Manager

Has anyone had difficulties with network connectivity, USB functionality, wireless capabilities after installing Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B49 Multilanguage - With Media Manager?

I had to have a motherboard replaced and my computer completely reimaged after installing that piece of software.

My Device: Tour 9630 / Peal 8100
My Carrier: Sprint / AT&T

Re: Desktop Manager 5.0.1 B49 Multilanguage - With Media Manager

I am having a ton of problems with this version of DTM.  I am constantly having to reboot my computer becaus iit will drop all the network connections. It also seems to be locking up my PC from time to time.  Does RIM have any idea this is going on.

RP

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: att

I have had the following problem. I have a dell D610 that was running blackberry desktop manager 5.0.0 without issue. The icon said there was an update to 5.0.1 and I let it automatically update. After the reboot, the computer was extremely slow, and  "System" under task manager was at 99% CPU. I disabled my wireless network (dell it uses function F2 to do this) and all is well with "System". Unfortunately activating the network card causes it to be 99% again and the computer is unuseable. BTW, my wireless is an intel 2915abg card.

I uninstalled the blackberry desktop manager, rebooted but the problem did not go away. I tried fixing it by updating drivers for the wireless card and others without any benefit. I also went into safe mode and disabled all services and applications but the problem still occurs when the wireless network card is activated.

I decided to do a fresh install of windows xp, installed all my applications and the wireless and "System" was OK. I then and lastly installed blackberry desktop software 5.0.1 and the same problem occurred. This time I uninstalled the blackberry software and was able to restore my previous registry and I assume drivers by using the windows "system restore". If you are not familiar with this it is under "accessories" and "system tools". Unfortunately my previous windows install had the system restore turned off so those backed up restore points were not available. I installed 5.0.0 and all is working fine.

I tried comparing the registries of 5.0.0 to 5.0.1 install but the number of differences are too great to determine the problem, not to mention it could be some other dll or something that 5.0.1 is installing.

New Contributor
My Device: 8900 curve
My Carrier: att

I should also mention that disabling USB in device manager made the problem go away, although i'm not sure that this is effecting the wireless card or not.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: O2 UK

I suffered from this problem and used system restore to fix it.  I then resisted the auto updates from 5.0.0 to 5.0.1.  But then, as part of an OS5 update install it would seem some elements of the DM 5.0.1 (probably some drivers associated with BB Device Manager) were updated and the problem now occurs...  :smileysad:

So having recently done a disk clean up I've no restore points to fall back on and get variable use from the laptop before the WinXP network stack dies. 

@BB_8900_user:  Please can you explain where exactly you disabled USB to work around the issue (maybe until DM 5.0.2 come along)?  I can't see a disable in the BB Device Manager application, did you disable the whole USB device in Windows Device Manager (which seem a pain as then the USB mouse won't work)? 

I've tried disabling the BB Smartphone USB device in Windows Device Manager and I'm just about to try disabling the composite device for the phone.

Did everyone affected have the same make/type of laptop or motherboard chipset I wonder...

Can't believe RIM haven't addressed this unless the number affected are really small.

My Device: Blackberry bold 9700
My Carrier: Telstra

I have recently bought a Blackberry 9700. I am sufferring simliar problems whereby the media mangaer when combined with Roxio takes up to 200MB of ram in processing , 90% of CPU, 1.5GB PF usage. It is so slow it takes 1 hour to copy down 6 songs and constantly crashes.

Are thereany fixes out there for speed? Or should I have bought an iPhone.

Cocoalvin