Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
ChelleRene
My Device: tour
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing

I attempted to install DM 6,0 on a  Dell Mini 10 netbook with 1 GB RAM, running clean installs of Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office 2010 Professional. DM installed, then hung up when I attempted to launch it, crashing from the splash screen. No ther applications are installed on the machine.

DM 6.0 installed just fine on both my old Dell Inspiron laptop, runing the same OS and software. The point of getting the netbook was to be Blackberry's backup and an email machine at work. This "unsynchable" situation is really frustrating!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jessebo8247
My Device: Blackberry 9800 Torch
My Carrier: att

well, I was talking to one of RIMs people through twitter.  I completed every task he asked me to complete, and still wasn't able to get DM6 working.  then, he suggested that  I contact my carrier and have my carrier contact RIM to get the issue resolved.  this is the most rediculous thing i've ever heard.  I'm already talking to them and they want me to get my carrier involved as if they would have anything to do with DM6 to begin with.  they just sell phones.  I guess it's easier for RIM to give their customers the runaround if there's a 3rd person involved.  I couldn't believe what I was reading when they suggested that.  I sell phones part time, and this kind of customer service makes it very easy for me to talk people out of buying blackberrie s.   I love the phones, but customer service there sucks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
UNBELIEVABLE
My Device: 8900 Curve

You are absolutely right Jesse!  Thank you.

Have experienced a full crash and total inability to  synchronize siince August 10th.

No sign of support from Blackberry.   We must encourage  people to go to press and to indeed go to your poll!

MY MAIN POINT IS THIS -  Provided they do a clean uninstall of DM6), most  users in this forum were able to revet back to DM5 and get things working again.   As did I.  And this is fine if provided they do not need to use Outlook 2010!!    SO, IF DM 5 is working just fine for everyone, on both new and old  HW config, with whatever service provider they are using .... HOW can they  possibly say  "...See your provider or Hardware vendor.... this is not a RIM issue!)...... !!!  

RIM - and more specifically DM6 - is the ONLY thing not working on my brand new laptop!      Even the old DM5 works (but does not support Outlook 2010)!   So unbelievably I now have to move the  Outlook 2010 PST file, import it to my old laptop in Outlook 2007, keep my Bberry on  DM5, use the old DM5 to synchronize with Outlook 2007, and then re-export the synchronized Outlook 2007 .pst file onto my new laptop into Outlook 2010 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By all means, let us all go an VOTE into your poll!

"DM6 does not work" POLL

I also called my service provider  (Vodafone).  And got the same reply... They do not know DM6, nothing to do with them!

A few days ago,  I was watching Sqwak box on CNBC recently, a bunch of analyst put RIM down as a loser and expect their stock to drop "massively" by next quarter - already cheap.... but they said "steer clear, don't buy, this is one of the most complacent companies we have ever seen and their time is coming up with so many individuals and corporations switching to alternatives - especially Apple.

I do not know how long I will last before I switch .... I may have another month or so in me,  that will  be it!  And  that will be it too for the 4 companies I sit on the Board of ... two of them switched to iphones (and ipads) two weeks ago already - this time, with my blessing.

Again, everyone, please go to this poll...

I have avoided subscribing to  either Twitter or Facebook so far.... but they are surely more popular forums than RIM or Crackberry... any one on  these forums, please start a trail there too and let us know which!. Surely we are NOT the only ones suffering and being given the elbow by RIM! ....

Again ..  Do not give up - Go and VOTE !!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jessebo8247

people always wonder why companies go out of business, and usually the number 1 reason is failure to provide good customer service.  I can remember the days when companies put out products that actually worked, and lasted.  I hope RIM wakes up before they find out the consequences of ignoring their customers.  they make a good product, but they have the potential to make great products if they will just listen to their customers.  companies who don't do this don't last.  I'm not sure what RIMs plans are in the future, but as long as they provide poor customer service, I'll continue to talk my customers into purchasing other phones besides blackberries.  RIMs silence where DM6 is concerned has been extremely frustrating, and the lack of customer service to get it working is just salt in the wound.  bad product and no customer service = unhappy customers = poor word of mouth advertising = slower sales = DOOM.  maybe not quickly, but eventually if it isn't fixed.   

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
razodo
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Add me to the list.  I am running WIn 7 64bit with 4GB of RAM.  I just installed DM 6.0 today and it constantly crashes.  I've reinstalled/unisntalled already a couple of times today but no solution yet to the crashes.  I have been able to sync but sometimes it hangs and won't finish and most of the time I get a "Not responding" error and have to close it through the Task Manager.

I really hope to see a solution and an update to this software.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Jonesy6622
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Has there been any resolution to this problem.  I just upgrading to 6.0 and I am having the same crashing issues.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eywong
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

Hi mechanicus,

I implemented option b of your message. It did not resolve my issue.

Dell Latitude D630, Windows XP w/ SP3, Microsoft Office 2007.

FWIW, DM 6.0 works on my HP laptop, Windows XP w/ SP3, Microsoft Office 2003

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ronsgirl728
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T-Mobile USA

As soon as the software starts up, I get a box that says desktop software has stopped working! I have installed and uninstalled several times, with the same error. I just want it to work properly, I shouldn't have to be a computer wizard to do this and that to have my software working properly! Either give us a version that works or let us re-download the old version til you do! I am using a netbook without a CD-ROM so I can't use the disk that came with the phone! HELP

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jessebo8247

well, I just downloaded the lates build where RIM supposedly fixed some of the bugs in the last build, but guess what.  this new one still crashes.  not a surprise.  don't waste your time downloading the new one.. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
eywong
My Device: Z10 STL 100-3
My Carrier: AT&T

I had the same experience as jessebo8247. That is, Desktop Software v6.0 B47 did not resolve the DM Crashing issue. Here's my Desktop.log:

Date|Log Level|Thread ID|Module ID|Log ID|Message [2010-09-09 15:50:53.625]
15:50:53.718|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|1|Application Started
15:50:53.765|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|Rim.Desktop.exe Version: 6.0.0.43
15:50:53.781|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|OS Version: XP [Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3]
15:50:53.781|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|CLR Version: 2.0.50727.3615
15:50:53.828|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|AppLoader Version: 6.0.0.38
15:50:54.265|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|Device Manager Version: 6.0.0.12
15:50:54.281|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|BBDevMgr Version: 4.1.0.14
15:50:54.281|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|Serial USB Driver Version: 2.2.0.3
15:50:54.281|INFO |1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|2|USB Driver Version: 4.1.0.4
15:50:57.687|FATAL|1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|0|Fatal Application Error
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot convert string '0' in attribute 'Column' to object of type 'System.Int32'. 0 is not a valid value for Int32.  Error at object 'ScreenBackground' in markup file 'Rim.Desktop;component/views/mainwindow.xaml'. ---> System.Exception: 0 is not a valid value for Int32. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.ComponentModel.Int32Converter.FromString(String value, NumberFormatInfo formatInfo)
   at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.ComponentModel.BaseNumberConverter.ConvertFrom(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, Object value)
   at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, String text)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlTypeMapper.ParseProperty(Object targetObject, Type propType, String propName, Object dpOrPiOrFi, ITypeDescriptorContext typeContext, ParserContext parserContext, String value, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlTypeMapper.ParseProperty(Object targetObject, Type propType, String propName, Object dpOrPiOrFi, ITypeDescriptorContext typeContext, ParserContext parserContext, String value, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ParseProperty(Object element, Type propertyType, String propertyName, Object dpOrPi, String attribValue, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadPropertyRecordBase(String attribValue, Int16 attributeId, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadPropertyConverterRecord(BamlPropertyWithConverterRecord bamlPropertyRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Views.MainWindow.InitializeComponent()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Views.MainWindow..ctor(IUnityContainer unityContainer)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Bootstrapper.CreateShell()
   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.Main()
15:51:01.359|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: Cannot convert string '0' in attribute 'Column' to object of type 'System.Int32'. 0 is not a valid value for Int32.  Error at object 'ScreenBackground' in markup file 'Rim.Desktop;component/views/mainwindow.xaml'. ---> System.Exception: 0 is not a valid value for Int32. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
   at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal)
   at System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info)
   at System.ComponentModel.Int32Converter.FromString(String value, NumberFormatInfo formatInfo)
   at System.ComponentModel.TypeConverter.ConvertFromString(ITypeDescriptorContext context, CultureInfo culture, String text)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(String message, Exception innerException, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, Uri baseUri, XamlObjectIds currentXamlObjectIds, XamlObjectIds contextXamlObjectIds, Type objectType)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException.ThrowException(ParserContext parserContext, Int32 lineNumber, Int32 linePosition, String message, Exception innerException)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ParseProperty(Object element, Type propertyType, String propertyName, Object dpOrPi, String attribValue, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadPropertyRecordBase(String attribValue, Int16 attributeId, Int16 converterTypeId)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadPropertyConverterRecord(BamlPropertyWithConverterRecord bamlPropertyRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.ReadRecord(BamlRecord bamlRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.BamlRecordReader.Read(Boolean singleRecord)
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilderBamlTranslator.ParseFragment()
   at System.Windows.Markup.TreeBuilder.Parse()
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(Object component, Uri resourceLocator)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Views.MainWindow.InitializeComponent()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Views.MainWindow..ctor(IUnityContainer unityContainer)
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.Bootstrapper.CreateShell()
   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
   at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
   at System.Windows.Application.Run()
   at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.Main()
15:51:01.406|FATAL|1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|0|Fatal Application Error - Inner Exception
System.Exception: 0 is not a valid value for Int32. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
15:51:01.406|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error - Inner Exception
System.Exception: 0 is not a valid value for Int32. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
15:51:01.406|FATAL|1|Rim.Desktop.Shell|0|Fatal Application Error - Inner Exception
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.
15:51:01.406|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error - Inner Exception
System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

Please use plain text.