Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9700
My Carrier: vodaphone

Re: Desktop Manager 6.0 Crashing

This is ridiculous! Is no one in blackberry listening? I have today instructed our IT dept to avoid BB completely and I will be getting a new phone next week.

Well that 12 months didnt get very far, did it?

Who do we phone in BB to sort this out?

Apple must be laughing their heads off.

New Contributor

Dear Sir/ Madam,
I am truly shocked at your apparent indifference to what is going on at the present moment. If you took the time to check the forums you would realize that there is a great deal of anger over the recent version of 6.0 Desktop software. We are now in a situation whereby we are unable to synch our phones and also unable to reinstall the previous excellent 5.0 version. I like several others in the forum are instructing our IT to stop any ideas about using BB for communications and am in the process of getting an iPhone.
To be told by some nameless BB employee that we should spend hours going into the registry and restarting our computers only to find the download still does not work is customer relations of the Soviet Union. So it's our responsibility to sort your mess out, is it?
Sort this quickly or you won't have to bother about Saudi Arabia and security, you will not have any customers left.
A very disgruntled and previously delighted BB user

i have sent the above to help@rim.com. Let's send as many emails as possible.

New Contributor

As above. Don't bother. They are not accepting emails.

WHAT HORRENDOUS CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

New Contributor

Dear M,

You dont get it do you?

We are very angry, previously delighted, BB customers who are being fobbed off. It is not our job to look for software and hardware conflicts just because you have sent out a product which is not fit for purpose. I have already tried all these things and so has everyone else. Synch is not a toy but an essential part of my work so I have a useless BB.

And please, for the love of all that is important in the world, STOP SIGNING OFF WITH CHEERS! This is not some joke!

J

Contributor
My Device: 8900 Curve

I can most  certainly echo that!

I am on the board of 4 companies, all had previously resisted pressure from employees re: a migration to iPhone.

Well.... no longer... welcome iPhone, HTC, Samsung and anyone else!....

(BTW - my capped UNBELIEVABLE pseudonym was an error actually....  have not worked out how to  uncap this .... but now... it really does illustrate my frustration!!!   ).

Michele

Visitor
My Device: Bold 9700

I had the same annoying problem, after trying many times I gave up.

The next day I tried again and saw a flashing Icon at bottom right corner (near date/time, using XP sp3) when I load/run Desktop Manager 6.0.

It was DivX blue Icon, so I uninstalled DivX bundled codec, restart my system and DM 6.0 working ok now.

My conclusion is it might be DM 6.0 is having a conflict problem with one or more driver loaded by the system.

I hope this will be useful for some.

Cheers.

Contributor

OK -  finally - ACCIDENTALLY - found a RIM exception file.  And it was not anywhere I had been told to look!     I am attaching its content below.

The exception file dump can be found on  C:\Users\<username>\roaming\   and it is called RIM Desktop Exception - Notepad.

AND YES - the file does seem to indicate a problem with the VIDEO directory path and some OUT OF MEMORY EXCEPTION issue.

I am now going to try  to reinstall  DM6 one last time, but this time ... instead of deleting or moving the video folder just anywhere ... I have moved it exactly where it says in the EXCEPTION DUMP..

NOTE - Strangely, if you try to manually create an additional My Video/Blackberry folder under C;\Users\username\My Documents,  Windows tells you the folder already exist... but it does not, or put it thisway, one cannot see it!      So what you must do is click on  the  C:\users\username\My Videos folder and drag it under  C:\users\username\My Documents.... !  

Selected extracts from the EXCEPTION DUMP!  See blue highlights

Date|Log Level|Thread ID|Module ID|Log ID|Message [2010-08-16 12:18:02.042]
12:18:31.152|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()
at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.OnStartup(StartupEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__0(Object unused)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WrappedInvoke(Delegate callback, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter, Delegate catchHandler)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.InvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Boolean isSingleParameter)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Invoke(DispatcherPriority priority, Delegate method, Object arg)
at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrame(DispatcherFrame frame)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.Run()
at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run(Window window)
at System.Windows.Application.Run()
at Rim.Desktop.Shell.App.Main()
Date|Log Level|Thread ID|Module ID|Log ID|Message [2010-08-17 07:48:37.912]
07:48:51.112|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'MediaSyncApplication'.
- The exception message was: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.
- The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Rim.Desktop.Media, Version=6.0.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.
---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at Rim.Common.Utilities.FileSystem.FolderPath.EnsureExists()
at Rim.Media.Sync.SyncProviders.DestinationSyncResources.GetDefaultVideoImportPath()
at Rim.Media.Sync.SyncProviders.DestinationSyncResources.get_VideoImportPath()
at Rim.Media.Sync.VideoImportService.Rim.Media.Sync.IVideoImportService.get_VideoImportPath()
at Rim.Desktop.Media.Controllers.Videos.BlackBerryVideosController..ctor(BlackBerryVideosViewModel viewModel)
at Rim.Desktop.Media.ViewModel.Videos.BlackBerryVideosViewModel..ctor(ApplicationContentViewModel appViewModel)
at Rim.Desktop.Media.ViewModel.Videos.VideoViewModel..ctor()
at Rim.Desktop.Media.MediaSyncApplication.InitializeApplication()
at Rim.Desktop.Common.ApplicationBase.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.Initialize(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.HandleModuleInitializationError(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, String assemblyName, Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.Initialize(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModulesThatAreReadyForLoad()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.OnModuleTypeLoaded(ModuleInfo typeLoadedModuleInfo, Exception error)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileModuleTypeLoader.BeginLoadModuleType(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, ModuleTypeLoadedCallback callback)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.BeginRetrievingModule(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModuleTypes(IEnumerable`1 moduleInfos)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModulesWhenAvailable()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.Run()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run()
at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeInSecurityContext(Object state)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
07:48:51.112|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error - Inner Exception
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.
at System.IO.Directory.InternalCreateDirectory(String fullPath, String path, DirectorySecurity dirSecurity)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path, DirectorySecurity directorySecurity)
at Rim.Media.Sync.SyncProviders.DestinationSyncResources.GetDefaultVideoImportPath()
at Rim.Media.Sync.VideoImportService.Rim.Media.Sync.IVideoImportService.get_VideoImportPath()
at Rim.Desktop.Media.Controllers.Videos.BlackBerryVideosController..ctor(BlackBerryVideosViewModel viewModel)
at Rim.Desktop.Media.ViewModel.Videos.BlackBerryVideosViewModel..ctor(ApplicationContentViewModel appViewModel)
Date|Log Level|Thread ID|Module ID|Log ID|Message [2010-08-17 19:35:54.380]
19:36:01.688|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializeException: An exception occurred while initializing module 'MediaSyncApplication'.
- The exception message was: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.
- The Assembly that the module was trying to be loaded from was:Rim.Desktop.Media, Version=6.0.0.37, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Check the InnerException property of the exception for more information. If the exception occurred while creating an object in a DI container, you can exception.GetRootException() to help locate the root cause of the problem.

---> System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleInitializer.HandleModuleInitializationError(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, String assemblyName, Exception exception)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModulesThatAreReadyForLoad()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.OnModuleTypeLoaded(ModuleInfo typeLoadedModuleInfo, Exception error)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.FileModuleTypeLoader.BeginLoadModuleType(ModuleInfo moduleInfo, ModuleTypeLoadedCallback callback)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.BeginRetrievingModule(ModuleInfo moduleInfo)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModuleTypes(IEnumerable`1 moduleInfos)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.LoadModulesWhenAvailable()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.Modularity.ModuleManager.Run()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.InitializeModules()
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run(Boolean runWithDefaultConfiguration)
at Microsoft.Practices.Composite.UnityExtensions.UnityBootstrapper.Run()
19:36:01.704|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error - Inner Exception
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\MICHELE\Documents\My Videos\BlackBerry'.

Contributor

Sorry the path is C:\users\username\Appdata\Roaming ... and file name RIM Desktop Exception - Notepad.

Contributor

OK - it crashed again.

But this time, I no longer see any message about the video folder in the dump file.  Only the OUT OF MEMORY Exception now!

Going to modify regedit again forthe SKipsupport key word and try again!

Contributor

OK - moved video folder where it said, added the regedit keys, turned off anti-virus, turned-off any auto-uptade etc... turned off printer.  I have nothing else on my laptop.

Still  nothing.   It crashes all the same with the same out of memory exception.

Date|Log Level|Thread ID|Module ID|Log ID|Message [2010-08-18 11:16:11.209]
11:16:29.301|FATAL|1|Exception|0|Fatal Error
System.OutOfMemoryException: Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
at System.Windows.Media.MediaContext.CompleteRender()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.OnResize()
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.ShowWindow(HandleRef hWnd, Int32 nCmdShow)
at System.Windows.Window.ShowHelper(Object booleanBox)
at System.Windows.Window.Show()