Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

Desktop Manager 6 says I have core updates but none are showing???

[ Edited ]

Hello all,

I searched this issue and nothing came up so... I 'm making this thread/post to see if anyone else has come across this.

I've just recently installed Desktop Manager 6. Everything works fine with syncing with Outlook, backups and third part application backups. My only minor problem is with "APPLICATIONS". With my Storm 2 connected...I would press applications and it would say that I have "Blackberry Core 5.0.0 Core Applications Update" - greyed out.

I would scroll down to usually look for the application that says "Update Available" but as you can see from the STATUS column, you can see that everything is installed and there no available updates under any application.

I went to apply it just in case I may have missed something and it goes through its process including waiting for the phone to reboot. Upon rebooting I'm back to square one saying that I have core applications update with RED ASTERISK again????

My phone works fine without any issues. Is this a bug in  DM 6?

All comments/advice appreciated!

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager 6 says I have core updates but none are showing???

I also had the same problem. I opened and closed DM6 a few times, installing the core update each time. After the third attempt(I think) the update was eventually installed.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Telus

I tried this at least three times. At one point I left it overnight only to wake up and still the same thing.

1. Phone rebooted (no problems)

2. DM 6 still says that I have core application updates available?????

Just a quick note. I'm on Windows 7 64bit ultimate.

New Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: TMN

It happens the same with me. And I preferred the Media Program from DM 5, this one doesn't show The BB folders like the other and so you could move the files quickly from the SD Card to the Device or from the device to SD. 

Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Same problem - DM 6.0, BB 5.0.0 software update, with 5.0.0 Core Applications Update which won't install.  Is there a resolution for this?