Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
MikeOrlando
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager 7.1, No option to sync with Outlook 2010

Hello Everyone,

Need a little help.  I recently reformatted my system and installed Windows 7 x64 and Office 2010.  After installing DM, I found that there was no option to sync organizer data with Outlook 2010.  I did a bunch of internet searching, but most of what I found was related to much older versions of DM or an older issue where Office 2010 was not well supported.  I also found KB02362.

I got to step 5

Step 5 - The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.

I cannot find the path it suggests:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector\

I do have

C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry

But all that contains is a readme and an icon.  I am not even sure if this is the correct path.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know!

Contributor
sbunch
My Device: Curve 8530

Re: Desktop Manager 7.1, No option to sync with Outlook 2010

Mike, I was syncing with outlook 2010 daily until i had a recent desktop manager issue with syncing. it does work, or at least it used to.  i don't know how to make yours work.

Contributor
MikeOrlando

Thanks for the reply.  I am glad to know that it is at least a possbility; however I cannot figure out what I am missing here.  I cannot any of the IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector folders or the msoutlookconnector.fil so I am thinking I am missing something I need to make the connector work.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Contributor
MikeOrlando

[ Edited ]

Ok, so reading was not my strong suit

Step 5 - The MsOutlookConnector.fil file did not register correctly during installation.

1. If using BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.0 or 7.1 proceed to Step 6

Since I have BB DM 7.1 there is no MsOutlookConnector.fil

I still to not have a solution....

Contributor
MikeOrlando

I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling BB DTM a second time, when that didn't work I proceeded to a repair of Microsoft Office.  After restarting my computer Microsoft Outlook is now an option to sync organizer content with.

Thanks,

Mike

Contributor
sbunch
My Device: Curve 8530

mine required a new phone.