Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
AdamScott
My Device: Playbook 2.0.0.7971 & Z10

Desktop Manager Not Reporting Correct Playbook Software Version

When I got my playbook, I downloaded the first update from v1.0 to v2.0.0.7971 using the Playbook's Wi-Fi connection.  When I connect it to the Desktop Manager, the software syncs and loads my music, but it still shows v1.0 as the software version.  Because of this, the Desktop Manager keeps telling me an update is available even though I have already installed it.

Now, 1 week later, a new v2.0.1.358 update is available and the Desktop Manager is telling me to download it.  After downloading, it gets to the end of the install and then says there is an error, and exits.

My 2 questions are:

(1) Why is this happening

(2) Where is the v2.0.2.358 download? Is it on my desktop, or did it get pushed out to my playbook.  It is over 500mb and I do not want to download it again.

Thanks,

Adam

Lietom01
My Device: Playbook 16 GB

Re: Desktop Manager Not Reporting Correct Playbook Software Version

I have the same problem and have done 2 security swipe and the lates OS update as well as removing the desktop software with no success. The desktop manager iindicates the OS on the PB is on version 1. any idea.

New Contributor
AdamScott
My Device: Playbook 2.0.0.7971 & Z10

Re: Desktop Manager Not Reporting Correct Playbook Software Version

Fixed: After loading OS2.0.2.358, when I plugged the playbook in it was asking me to load additional software. I installed the Device Manager 7.0 and now it is fine. Device Manager is not the same a Desktop Manger.