Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
GeneQueen
My Device: Curve 9360

Desktop Manager Software 7 will not install on XP (Service Pack 2)

Hi all, I have only had my Curve 9360 for less than 6 months and I had been using Desktop Manager 6 with no problems until a few days ago when my PC crashed and I had to reinstall Desktop Manager.  When I tried to install the new Desktop Manager 7 (as I couldn't find version 6) in states that XP is not supported for this version so I can't install any Desktop Manager software for my Blackberry!  Why have they removed support for SP2?  What can I do in future when I need to sync my media etc?  My Blackberry is still within warranty and yet I can't find any technical support contact telephone numbers to help me with this!  I cannot upgrade to SP3 for XP at the moment because it has taken ages for me to get my PC up and running as it was before the crash so I do not want to mess about with it at the moment and I am happy with SP2 apart from this problem.  I would be grateful if anyone can help me solve this situation or if not, does anyone on the forum know a contact number of technical support that can help me please?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager Software 7 will not install on XP (Service Pack 2)

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

GeneQueen wrote:

(as I couldn't find version 6) 

You can find older versions here:

GeneQueen wrote:

Why have they removed support for SP2?

Because SP3 has been out since 6-May-2008...do you really expect all software to remain forever compatible with EOL environments?

GeneQueen wrote:

What can I do in future when I need to sync my media etc?

Update your PC to SP3 perhaps? Or fall back to a prior Desktop Software version perhaps?

GeneQueen wrote:

My Blackberry is still within warranty and yet I can't find any technical support contact telephone numbers to help me with this!

RIM provides zero front line support...ALL support is provided by the mobile service providers, the original place of purchase, or authorized service centers -- it varies by region, so you need to check your original documentation to find out your specific warranty provisions as well as methods of seeking support therefrom. There is no "technical support contact telephone number" by which to seek any support at all directly from RIM. The formal channels can all escalate into RIM if needed, but you cannot bypass your contract and seek any support drectly from RIM.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.