Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
zennon
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager Software - Syncing Contacts

Currently my Blackberry is setup to sync contacts with Microsoft Outlook. However, I don't want all my outlook contacts to sync, only a subset. Is there a way to block certain contacts from syncing?

Thanking you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: Desktop Manager Software - Syncing Contacts

Create a separate folder in your contacts folder. Now if you want to centain contacts not be synced with BlackBerry then move them in that newly created folder. Why manual sunchronization with device select the folder that data you want to sync with your handheld.

Example: Synchronize addressbook -

Connect you HH with your desktop Manager in your PC. If you device is set to wireless sync then you need to turn off wireless synchronization. To do so go to Address Book -> click Menu -> Options -> Wireless Synchronization: No -> click Menu and Save the changes.

Click on the Synchronize button on Desktop Manager -> Click on Configuration Tab then click on Configure Synchronization -> Click on Choose under Address Book (on the right side of the pop up window) -> Click on you organizer apps (like, MS outlook, Lotus notes etc) -> Select desired apps -> select Synchronization radio button and click OK twice go back to Synchronize tab ->click on Synchronize Now.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.