Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

MartinAD
My Device: BlackBerry Pearl 9105
My Carrier: A1 Austria

Desktop Manager Software behind Proxy

Hello Everybody,

I am working for a mid-sized company and we are running Blackberry Enterprise Service to enable our offsite engineers to access their e-maills. Our Internet Access from within the company network is done by a proxy server that only allows certain traffic to flow through.

When the people are onsite with their blackberrys, we advice them to use the blackberry desktop software to update their BB OS'es and to a backup or their stuff on the phone. 

Unfortunatly, the BB Desktop Manager does not make proper use of the proxy and for some queries towards the BB Infrastructure - he just ignores him. We were able to bypass these problems by enabling direct access (not using the proxy) to the Addresses we found out that the Desktop Manager uses.

Long Story Short: Is there a KB article or any Information from RIM which Addresses/Ports etc. the Desktop Manager needs to have access to? We want to avoid this trial and error situation and configure our network properly.

Thanks for Reading

regards

Martin

Please use plain text.
stjoechild
My Device: BB Curve
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Re: Desktop Manager Software behind Proxy

I am having this same issue.  It is one user. Running a brand new Windows 7 computer.  I even manually set just her system to bypass the proxy server.  When I click on Configuration Settings for the Organizer, it keeps giving me the error that I am not connecte to the Internet.  Which, is a bit ridiculous anyway, because she is only using the Desktop Manager to sync her BB with the desktop manager at work.  She is only syncs calendar and tasks - email is not allowed at this time.  Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
csupport
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

Does anyone know how to make Blackberry Desktop to go thru proxy, It does not pickup the  Internet explorer settings

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Developer
sawrubh
My Device: Dev Alpha
My Carrier: Airtel

I am facing the same issue and would really appreciate if support for proxy settings is landed in (maybe) the future versions of the BlackBerry Desktop Software, since a lot of people use this behind a proxy.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Hi sawhubh,

Please see the following KB article for a workaround  for updating BlackBerry® Device Software while behind a proxy. "Unable to install BlackBerry Device Software updates when behind a proxy" http://bbry.lv/QcFQjv

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.