Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
rgc6
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager Software will not detect Blackberry Curve 8330

I got a brand new Curve, set up email through BIS.  Synced my old Palm Treo650 to a dummy outlook account,  I then installed Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.3.0.xx to the computer.......I then synced the curve to the dummy outlook account and got the Calendar, Contacts, Memos, and Tasks onto the Blackberry.  This was all done on a spare PC.

I then installed Blackberrydesktop manager 4.3.0.xx on my laptop but it will not detect my curve 8330.  I plug the phone in, Windows sees that is is a blackberry, I then get a pop up telling me that a problem occurred durring install and that the device may not function.  Also, a friends 8703e running DES will sync just fine to my laptop.

I have done near 10 un-install/reinstalls, I have disabled the firewall and Symantec Autoprotect features.  Also...when I plug in the 8330 to the laptop, it seems that it tries to Sync but then it turns on and off a few times.

Please Help!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Employee
BBHelper

Re: Desktop Manager Software will not detect Blackberry Curve 8330

Have you tried the latest Desktop Manager? It is version 4.5 and can be downloaded from this location: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

Be sure the device is not conected when you uninstall and reboot. It can often help to plug the device into a different USB port as well (it shouldn't be necessary, but it does often help especially is using a USB hub).

If you are still having problems after trying this, please  give your operating system information (Start/Run/winver/OK)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
rgc6

Thanks BBHelper.  I have tried all that you have witten and it did not work.  I just find it odd that a 8703 will sync to the laptop but not the Curve (especially when the cirve will sunc to other computers.

The Winver of the laptop is Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.010227-2300:smileyfrustrated:ervicePack 2

The Winver of the spare PC that the curve will actually sync to is the same thing exept the "-2300" is -2254.

Let me know if you have anyother thoughts.  I really need this Curve to sync to the laptop ASAP.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mlritter

I am having the same problem.  When I connect my wife's 8330 to the desktop manager it does not recognize the connection.  I can disconnect her phone and connect mine and everything works fine.  The phones were purchased at the same time.

Any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tillig
My Device: Curve 8330

I have a similar issue under Desktop Manager 4.5, but it's intermittent. I upgraded to 4.5 from 4.3, now it's only about half the time that the Desktop Manager recognizes that I've plugged in the phone. That said, if you go to the BlackBerry Device Manager, it recognizes the phone is there, and if I click the little "None" text at the bottom of the main Desktop Manager window, I can manually select the device. (It's sort of hit or miss whether me selecting the device will actually DO anything.)
Please use plain text.
tictaktoe

Same Prob here.

Tried installing 4.3 / 4.5 , same issues with both of them. Installed desktop manager as well as OS. My laptop ( Win Visa home edition) just does not detect my bb8330 cruve and searches for the drivers, which, needless to say , it does not find. 

On clicking on my computer, I see a removable disk (bb connected to laptop through USB) and when I click on it, it says insert a removable disk in it.

Whats going wrong here???? 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

tictaktoe wrote:smileysurprised:n clicking on my computer, I see a removable disk (bb connected to laptop through USB) and when I click on it, it says insert a removable disk in it.

If Windows Explorer cannot see into the blackberry (there should be some folders like Audio Video etc), please check :

• that there is not a question on your blackberry screen. First may be a notification "your USB port does not have enough current to charge your battery" => if so, just hit Escapekey on your blackberry. Second may be "are you sure you want to connect as Mass Storage drive ?"=> is so, just say Yes.
  • that you have installed the USB drivers for Blackberry on your PC. If you haven't, you can grab an install on the Blackberry.com website.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rberry88

[ Edited ]
I find it strange that the blackberry site doesn't have an English version download for the USB drivers, just French, Dutch, Spanish and Italian.  :smileymad:
Message Edited by rberry88 on 08-02-2008 09:14 PM
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

there is, but not in the right place.
Do as if you wanted to download "Blackberry Desktop Manager 4.5". You'll go to a page with a lot of downloads, including the one you are looking for :

BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13)

* File name: BlackBerry USB and Modem Drivers ENG (DM4.5 B13).msi
* File size: 12.33545 MB
* Date posted: 24-June-07

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Developer
rberry88

Ah, there it is. Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure why they don't put the English version on the other page with the others but oh well, thanks again.
Please use plain text.