Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager Stopped Synching with Entourage 2008

Yesterday I added some new contacts on Entourage 2008 (Version 13.0.0) and for some reason, of the 5 new contacts added only 3 were transferred to the BlackBerry. I deleted the whole address book from the BlackBerry but for some reason there are 2 contacts which are not transferring. Now, for some reason, nothing is synching at all! This is ridiculous! There's no reliability on this software and it appears we are not getting the issues resolved. When the software was released on 10/02/09 I did notice some issues with the calendar, but I adjusted those manually, but now nothing seems to work. Please help!

Contributor

Re: Desktop Manager Stopped Synching with Entourage 2008

I decided to uninstall BB Desktop Manager and install the application over to see what happens. I cleaned all the data from the device's calendar, address book, task, and notes, and after reinstalling the application, transferred the data again. Still, nothing is synching. It's interesting that the old data is being transferred, but the new data is not. I added a few test contacts in Entourage and the data just stopped synching, without any reason.

Any ideas?  

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

Not sure anyone has the answer, but you need to provide more info.  Like what device?, what device OS?, How much free memory on device?, what Mac? What Mac OS?,  How is Entourage set-up?,  Sync Services?,   Have you rebuilt Entourage lately?  When you re-installed DM and did a sync, did you get a first time sync message?  How do you have your Entourage contacts entered?, any unusual names,or entries? Does your Address Book and Entourage match?  (this is difficult as there is not a perfect match of info. fields)

I would:

1. Archive Entourage 

2. Re-build Entourage

3. Archive Mac Address Book and iCal 

4. Ensure sync services is enabled (remember sync services uses Mac programs (iCal, and Address Book))

5. Trash: user>library>application support>blackberrydesktop

6. Restart DM and try to sync (you should get first time sync warning)... 

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Contributor

Statman,

BB Curve 8900 O.S. 4.6.1.231

Free Memory: 217MB (90%)

iMac 24" O.S. Snow Leopard

Entourage 2008 Version 13.0.0

Sync Services set in Entourage 

Database rebuilt on: 10-10-09 (Yesterday)

I actually uninstalled the BB Desktop Manager and the info has started to sync again.

I will run a few more tests and see if I encounter more issues. I did notice that when I changed the date from an event on the BB calendar, Entourage duplicated the event...

Contributor

Statman,

These are some of the issues I am currently facing with Entourage 2008 and Desktop Manager for Mac.

* If I create an event on the BB, the first time I sync, the event appears in Entourage. If I, do a change in the same event, on the BB, when I sync, Entourage duplicates the item. 

* If I delete, the duplicate item, the BB does not recognize as a duplicate from Entourage, therefore deletes the item on the device.

* Yesterday, 10/15/09, the To-Do List also duplicated. I had to delete it, and replace all the data.

It seems that there's something that is not really working properly between the software and the device. I basically have to check every single change, to make sure they're correct.

Any solutions? Is RIM working on a update to fix this issues? Anybody knows? 

I wish they had outlook for Mac, but that is not happening until 2011...

Visitor

[ Edited ]

I had all the same problems as everyone else but today I checked for updates and downloaded version 1.0.1 (build 2) and the sync with Entourage worked.  Not sure if this is luck or a fix.

Contributor

It seems they just released an update today! I ran the update, but I am still having some issues with the calendar. If I create an event, a later I modify, for some reason, Entourage is creating 2 events! One with the original information, and the second with the updated data....

Contributor

This is ridiculous! I have been trying to figure this thing up for 4 hours now! I uninstall Microsoft Office 2008 and Desktop Manager for Mac. It seems the data syncs nicely in the beginning, but then starts to duplicate again! 

If you do a change on an event, the item is duplicated in Entourage! This is just an absurd!!!!

You pay for a software and a telephone that does not work. I need somebody from BB to help me on this. 

I will also call Microsoft and see if there's a solution. I can't keep checking both the BB and Entourage to make sure the data is accurate...and most of the time, I have to edit because something is out of sync!!!

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8830 WE

The problem as best I can surmise is when you make a change to an event, it is seen as a new event  Hence it looks like a duplicate.  Are you over writing the device when you sync?  I suppose if you over write every time, it would replace all events.

4.6.1.305 hybrid
Mac Pro 2X2.8 Quad SL
Contributor

Yes. Entourage creates a duplicate event, but with the changed information, instead of deleting or updating the current event.

Overwriting all the time would not work, because I do changes on both Entourage and the Device, so they have to sync...