Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager, Sync, & Contact Photos Dissappearing

Hi there, I have a large contact base in Outlook, approx 8,000 - many of which have photos.

When I sync the first time, they get synced across

When I sync the second time - they get deleted from the device and Outlook.

Any suggestions/ideas on how I can fix this?

Thanks

Nigel

Device - Curve 8900, OS 4.6.1.199

Desktop Manager - 5.0.0.11

OS - Windows 7

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager, Sync, & Contact Photos Dissappearing

I had the same problem using Bluetooth to sync between the two.  However, when you sync via USB the problem doesn't exist.  It's similar to how you can't sync media over the air, but can do it via USB.  When you go back to over-the-air synchronization it will delete the photo if you make changes to the contact.

I can (maybe) understand not enabling you to synchronize pictures without the USB cable.  However, it's ridiculous that the blackberry reports that there is no picture in the contact information during the bluetooth sync, causing outlook to delete the photo - which then causes the blackberry to delete the photo the next time you sync. 

Hopefully this is helpful.  Please let me know if anyone comes up with a better work-around than using USB everytime you make a change to a contact with a picture.  Ideally, RIM would fix this annoying issue!

John