Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
Gentle81
My Device: Bold 9700

Desktop Manager Will not Load. Hangs on splash screen when loading, then crashes

My desktop manager is not loading, and hangs whenever it is attempted to load. I have done a clean uninstall, removed rim registry entries, and did a fresh download and install 3 times with full shut downs between each attempt. I am running Windows 7 service pack 1 with an HP Laptop. It is an HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC. Product Number LY080UA. I hope that is enough information, but I will give more if asked and informed how to gather such info.

When I right click on the Desktop Manager Icon, I choose to run as Admin. Once it loads the splash screen shows. After a little bit (4-6 seconds) a small Icon appears in my systems tab at the bottom right of my screen. This stays for a little while and then goes away. After this happens the Splash screen hangs, and get a black border around it. If I click on the Splash screen it grey out and says not responding, prompting windows to ask me if I want to wait for the program or close. If I choose to wait, it will sit there and do nothing. If I close it will prompt windows to "look for an error" but has not yet been able to return an answer.

When I log into safe mode, Desktop Manager loads, but does not work well as only a bare bones set of drivers are enabled. If I turn off all but the non-essential services off using services.msc it will load, but again the services needed for it to run and the services for windows to be fully functional are not on at all.

I have attempted to turn off all but the Desktop manager in the start up, using msconfig, but that does not help either.

I am at my wits end here, and would really like some help with this. It loads up (desktop manager) on my Desktop, but I am unable to log that mammoth box around with me while I travel.

Thank you for your time and efforts, I will be very grateful for any and all help.

adlpp
My Device: Curve 8520

Re: Desktop Manager Will not Load. Hangs on splash screen when loading, then crashes

I'm having the exact same problem here! I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64. Please help! This was posted a month ago.