Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Re: Desktop Manager Wont Work !!!

ermm...no idea...tell me how to find out and I'll let you know...I do appreciate your help.....
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

How to tell 32 bit and 64 bit:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/827218

Then give this a try and see if something installed on your computer is conflicting with DM:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

ok I am  running 32bit

I used the microsoft link you sent......I am not well up on computers and its asking me what programs I want to prevent running on startup.

I darent select anything at the moment as I dont know whether these programs are needed to make the laptop work....could you advise me please and say if its ok to delete them;

windows defender user interface

RtHDVCpl.exe

C:\ProgramFiles\SpareMessaging\MessagingApp.exe

Google EULA Tool

StartMen Application

StartMen Application

Adobe Acrobat SpeedLauncher

Skytel.exe

RealNetworks Scheduler

Java(TM) Update Scheduler

QuickTime Task

Apple Push

Launch Agent Service

Launch.Ink

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2252; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

You're not going to.delete them. You're just gping to strt the compuer without them running. Later you'll go back and set the computer to boot normally again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

ok done that...but the bb dm still wont startup...it begins to and then the message comes up that something has stopped the program working and to close it
Guru II

Something on the computer is causing the problem but I'm out of ideas.
Guru II

Maybe try installing dm with the computer in that state.
Contributor

ok I'll give that a try....can you tell me how I get those things back again please
Guru II

I believe the kb explains that.
Contributor

I have tried but its not made any difference...can you tell me how I restore that stuff please......I'm grateful for you trying to help me...doesnt blackberry have any technical guys who moderate this site to help ?