Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: Desktop Manager Wont Work !!!

Restoring your computer to normal boot up is described in the KB under the tab "How to return windows to a normal startup mode."

This site is peer to peer support only.  I'm just a volunteer who tried to help you with solutions that have worked for some in the past.  RIM does monitor the forums but it is not the official support method.  Your official support is through your wireless carrier.  You can contact them and if they can't resolve this problem they can escalate the case to RIM.  Many carriers will not offer to escalate, in fact they try and say they can't or won't, but it is definitely available to them and to you and is no cost to either.  If you try and go directly to RIM for support it's $50 so you need to press your carrier to escalate.  Some carriers even will tell you that this support forum is RIM's official support forum--which it is not.

John 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
traceyk
My Device: curve 9300

I'm sorry but I'm stupid..lol....whats the KB ?.......I appreciate the time you've taken to try and help me......its a shame nothing seems to work......I was able to use the DM when I first got the phone but my laptop has been away to be repaired since, and had a new hardrive....but as far as I know I have installed everything the same as it was ...
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

The KB is the microsoft article I linked above that showed you how to disable those programs at startup.  Here it is again. 

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

I wish I had another answer. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!