Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Bruno201
My Device: 9800
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager crashes at first click

My Desktop Manager Software crashes at the first screen indicating a that Windows encountered a problem and closes. No error code indicated. Read me file indicates that I'm running the version 7.0.  I have this problem since January.  Using Vista. How can I fix this?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roxxylette
My Device: none

Re: Desktop Manager crashes at first click

hmm... Uninstall and install the v6.1.0 B38.  They took version 7.0 because it was causing issues. 

Desktop Software for PC

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
murr607
My Device: Torch

It might be Vista. My laptop will not run the Blackberry desktop software. It  will load it then attempt to run.

It opens the window as if it was loaded but shows my home screen behind it and freezes. Have rebooted, deleted and reloaded several times. Only thing I can figure is Vista home premium is the culprit.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
roxxylette

mhm Vista home preminum is the culprit..... try an repair

1. On the computer, open Start >Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features.
  2. Select BlackBerry Desktop Software and click Uninstall/Change.
  3. If a prompt appears for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
  4. Click Next.
  5. Click Modify and Next.

If that does not work you can contact your carrier and see if they are able to help you if not they can get you to bb tech support.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bruno201
My Device: 9800

Roxxylette (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/432787) gave me the solution by removing my version 7.0 by a previous one, which is the v6.1.0 B38. It's now running.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
roxxylette

[ Edited ]

^_^

Please use plain text.