Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my contacts?

I updated desktop manager and it said that my blackberry needed some update about the software and apps, but once it has finished i realized that my contacts list was gone, but my photos and music are still here.

is there anyway I can recover my contacts? The update told me that a backup was made before the update itself, but it didn't so basically I don't have any backup.

Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my contacts?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Normally, the update process includes making a backup...hopefully yours did as well. Search your entire hard drive for an ipd file (*.ipd). Inspect the results (date/time) and choose one that seems reasonable. Launch DTM and initiate the restore, using that ipd file as the source.

KB10339 How to restore data from a backup file to the BlackBerry smartphone

If you get no results for the ipd file, then your update process indeed did not do a backup -- and there is no recovery.

Sorry.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: 8520 Curve
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my contacts?

hello

device is 8520 curve.

i have lost my contacts in wirelees synch....

now can i restore only contacts from .ipd file ???

if so how pls let me know

Hall of Famer II

aliberry wrote:

hello

device is 8520 curve.

i have lost my contacts in wirelees synch....

now can i restore only contacts from .ipd file ???

if so how pls let me know

Hello and Welcome to the Forums!

From your post, it seems that the answers you need are already in this thread -- please scroll up and read those posts. If something does not make sense or does not work correctly, please report back with exact symptoms and precise information.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: BlackBerry 8100
My Carrier: T Mobile

I have the same problem when I tried to sync my BB to my MacBook BlackBerry manager. Can I get my contacts back? I'm so upset.

My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: Vodafone

Thanks alot dont know what i would have done if it wasnt for your help, because i lost all my contacts and everything apart from my music and pictures and it said it created a back up for me but i didnt know how to access it.

Thanks for the help,

Louis

My Device: Curve 8350i
My Carrier: Nextel

Help!

I was notified by BB of an available upgrade today.  When I installed it (6.0.0.40 bundle 42 upgrade, and v5.0.0.807 Bundle 1402) it lost all of my contacts.

When I try to restore, there are no Contact files to restore, and the new DTM software does not have an advanced feature to select alternative .ipd files.

My PC shows earlier versions of backup files are present, I just can't seem to get to them for restoring purposes.

Is there any way to restore my contacts?

Hall of Famer II

jrscons wrote:

Help!

I was notified by BB of an available upgrade today.  When I installed it (6.0.0.40 bundle 42 upgrade, and v5.0.0.807 Bundle 1402) it lost all of my contacts.

When I try to restore, there are no Contact files to restore, and the new DTM software does not have an advanced feature to select alternative .ipd files.

My PC shows earlier versions of backup files are present, I just can't seem to get to them for restoring purposes.

Is there any way to restore my contacts?

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Can you describe the steps you attempt? When I launch this version of DTM, I have a selection for "Restore" (in the "Device" drop down menu), which then further has a "Change Folder" selection. When I navigate there to different folders, it provides me a list of all IPD files within the folder to which I have directed it.

Hope that helps!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: sprint

after update I have lost all my contacts, it created back up file, but even restore function doesn't help, they are gone. some of contact shows in call history and when i'm trying to save it in contacts most of them doesn't show. I tried to sync with my m/outlook but even that doesn't help, it doesn't sync.

Highlighted
My Device: storm, bold, tour, curve
My Carrier: Verizon

Any luck? did you figure it out? im having the SAME EXACT problem where I can Find the backup IPD file and restore but no contacts on that file.... PLEASE help I lost a lifelong list of contacts