Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
markoni2
My Device: 8310

Re: Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my contacts?

I have a same problem,when I tried to sync contacts to my macbook via desktop manager....  Only Contacts under Information tab were TWO WAY checked to sync, I clicked on top of the right  button sync,and I lost all phonebook on blackberry (my mistake,I didnt make back up), and I can't find where mac stored phonebook from blackberry. On blackberry's phonebook there is just one contact transfered from mac,which I have in macbook's adressbook,but on mac I can't find blackberry's phonebook.

Is it possible to restore the old phonebook?  

I have blackberry 8310 and Mac OS X  v. 10.6.5

Apathy
My Device: curve

Re: Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my contacts?

I have the same problem as markoni2

New Contributor
elviehurt
My Device: curve8520

[ Edited ]

And me!  Someone answer!!! I'm extremely upset. Your software <removed>!

EDIT: Inappropriate content removed. Please review User Guidelines  under section "Be Courteous to other BlackBerry Support Community Forum Members. "

helplesstec
New Contributor
ijas07
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

i lost my contacts during software update. Please help me to get this.. i made some backups before..but after restoring the file i'm not getting the contacts

r1knowlco
My Device: Style 9670

I backed up my phone too, and it didn't keep my contacts.  I searched for the ".ipd" file, nothing came up.  This program is ridiculous.  I thought I was being responsible when I clicked the backup button.  Now I realize I should never get my phone near this software and it will be fine.

New Contributor
syed106
My Device: curve 8520

same problem for me also>>>by mistake i wipe my BB Curve8520 ...and all ma contacts and bb mesenger contacts got  deleted..pls help me to restore..its very urgent

mohsensh
My Device: bold 9790

Re: Desktop Manager erased all my contacts, is there any way I can restore my bbm contacts?

hi all, 

i have done the same thing, updated the desktop manager and also did a backup prior to updating . but when i when to restore , everything was the same instead of my blackberry contacts.

i would really appreciate if someone could help me wth this .

thankyou

New Contributor
deep_the_cool
My Device: 8520

I have faced the same problem of upgrading the software, n it erased all my phone contacts , actually if i know any number n dialling it shows me my frnds name , it seems my bb 8520 have stored sumwhere in it the contacts coz it remembers that number but not showing in contacts list ,its too much complicated by its functions, really dont know where to look for my contacts in bb 8520, may b sum change in settings required but how to chck ??? huh !!! plz help sumone !!!

john11
My Device: Torch 9800

on your phone...go to setup...find SIM conttacts sync and everything should be fine...i just downloaded this stupid desktop software and realized what a mistake it was too. Goodluck

New Contributor
deep_the_cool
My Device: 8520

Bro, i just lost my Blackberry handset sumwhere... :smileysad: now thinking of buying sum new one but not BB this tym, but anyways thnx for replying...