Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Darren
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager error

When I download the desktop manager software I get this message Error 1721 there is a problem with this windows installer package. A program required for this install to complete could not be run. The install continues and everything seems to work except when I try to start Roxio. When I click on media manager I get this message Microsoft Visual C + + Microsoft runtime error C:\Program Files\Roxio\Mediamanager9.exe. I have downloaded the latest desktop software with no help. I am running windows xp pro. I suspect the first error is causing the second. I have tried several solutions found on different message boards with no luck. Any ideas?

Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Desktop Manager error

HI and welcome to the forums,

You need to update the windows installer program to 4.5.

Here is the link to the Microsoft download page.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displa...

Please let me know if this resolves your problem.

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
Darren
My Device: Not Specified

Updating the installer package seems to have solved that error now I still get the Microsoft Visual C + + Runtime error when I click start on the Roxio media manager. Any ideas on this one. I have installed media manager version 4.6 B015 with no luck on solving this.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

My honest recommendation to you is not to install or use MM. Go to the grey search box n the corner and search.

You will see it is not very stable at all. It just adds another fail point to the system.

I personally use drag and drop though Windows, much cleaner and faster.

There is a new product called media sync if you meant to try, the link is here:

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

Let me know if you want to continue troubleshooting. My recommendation was based on all the message I read here.

but of course it is totally up to you.

Please let me know!

Thanks 

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

you can try to install it using 7ip to decompress it first.
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: