Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9500 Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Desktop Manager for Mac

When I connected my BlackBerry, I found that my Desktop Manager for Mac does not recognize that I have connected it. My youngest child was playing with my laptop the other day and I believe he deleted my device from the old Desktop Manager for Mac. I downloaded the new 1.0.3 and "Uninstalled" the manager from my computer and then "re-installed" it to no avail. What can I do?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Desktop Manager for Mac

Someone suggested to another user a possible burned out USB controller... perhaps whilst being handled by your child the USB port shorted. Does the Mass Media device mount? Does the BB appear to be charging?

New Contributor

Yes, "BLACKBERRY1" & "BLACKBERRY2" images appear on the desktop and phone is charging when conntected via USB cable. Tried 2 other USB cables to no avail. Reinstalled BlackBerry Desktop Manager 1.0.3 and still doesn't get past "Welcome to Blackberry Desktop Manager" opening screen.

New Contributor

I took my Storm2 back and got another one and still cannot use Blackberry Desktop Manager 1.0.3. Doesn't recognize that I have attached my new phone???