Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
Mauler90
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager has stopped working

"Desktop Manager has stopped working" is what I keep getting when trying to Sync my Curve.  It will get through the address book but stops everytime on the calendar.  Any suggestions?

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desktop Manager has stopped working

OK just to test things. If you go into the Synchronization options and uncheck the calendar does it still freeze or does it finish? What version of the Desktop manager are you using?

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
Mauler90
My Device: Not Specified

If I skip the calendar it will go through it.  I am running 5.0

Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Hmm. That may be something in your calendar database is corrupt. Was your device ever synched before? There is a way of clearing the calendar database. So if you have your device synching with Outlook, after it's cleared from the BlackBerry, you could try synching again.

To clear the calendar database you can go into Desktop Manager | Backup and Restore | Advanced. On the right hand side select the calendar database and hit the Clear button. Afterwards try synching again

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
KPH
KPH
My Device: 9000

Thanks,

My problem was that the Desktop Manager shut down whenever I got to synchronising the calendar.  The contacts synchronised OK, just the calendar would not sync.  

Your solution  solved my problem completely.  

New Contributor
greatmag
My Device: 9800 torch

My desktop manager does not even start. Stops working while it is still starting.