Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager just erased my life.

When switching the option on the main page "data folder options", Desktop Manager fails to inform you that the location of the new folder will irrevocably delete the entire contents of the folder of the new location.

My blackberry contact backup was there.  RIM, you have cost me countless hours, important contact info, my appointments for the next several months.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Desktop Manager just erased my life.

Hi and welcome to the foruns,

Where exactly was the old file and where did you change it to.

DO NO add anything to your PC as the file maybe recoverable,

Speciify as much as possible.

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

The backup file was on E:\Backups.  The original Sync location was the default (C:\Users\Me\etc.)

My backup was in the E:\Backups.  I moved the Sync folder to E:\Backups because I thought that's where the backups were found.  Once done, Desktop manager wipes everything in that folder with no warnings.

Undelete didn't work, folder structure overwrote the sectors.

I've tested this after the fact to see if I was insane.  I threw a few MP3s into a folder, and switched the location again with dekstop manager to where the MP3s are located.  Sure enough, all files are wiped, and only those two folders (which are created by DM) are there.

Why is there no warning?  Why does RIM think they have the right to delete files off of our computers?  I'll be handing the EULA to one of my lawyers, and see if there's a case here.  I have my doubts, but we'll see.

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Sorry! I was hoping the sectors hadn't been changed.
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

:smileyhappy:  Thank anyway.