Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
xyz_shalei
My Device: 9700

Desktop Manager: language input question

My blackberry is bold 9700, and Desktop manager version is 5.0.1.18

I heard that OS 5.0.0.351 (east Asia) can support Chinese character input.  

So I download it from: https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=1905AEDAB9BF2477EDC068A355BBA31A

and install it in PC.  then I launch "Desktop manager" -> "Application Loader" -> "Add or remove applications".   But in "Language and Input Support" , there is no "Chinese" selection.  

could anyone give me suggestion how to add this function?

New Contributor
xyz_shalei
My Device: 9700

Re: Desktop Manager: language input question

I just solved the problem.

Thank you!

tinateng
My Device: Bold 9700

hi xyz_shalei,

could you share with us how you solve the issue? I'm experiencing the same problem.  I don't have much luck to installed the Chinese version of device software.

Thanks.

Tina

malrefaii
My Device: Not Specified

By mistake I deleted all languages except English.How can I restore the Arabic language?
New Contributor
mrchance
My Device: 9000 Bold

I came across the same issue. It took me hours this afternoon to work out the solution. Here you go:

Preparation Step (optional, only if necessary): If there is existent data, like emails, contacts, etc. and You want to keep these, You have to backup it in some way. See Your BlackBerry manual for Backup.

1. Uninstall any previous BlackBerry device software. Go to the Control Panel and then go to Add/Remove Programs. There You can find any previously installed device softwares. Don’t confuse the device software with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
  2. Download the latest BlackBerry OS for Your specific BlackBerry model from this site (I chose the south east Asian version, You can choose the language on step 2 on the BlackBerry website):
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=EEFC9E10EBDC4A2333B42B2DBB8F27B6
  3. Install the files You just downloaded
  4. Make sure Your BlackBerry device is connected to Your desktop PC and the BlackBerry Desktop Manager is NOT running.
  5. Go to the folder of Your BlackBerry device software loader:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
    There You can find a file named VENDOR.XML. Rename it or delete it.
  6. Open a console window and go to the BlackBerry folder by entering:
    cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader\
  7. enter:
    Loader.exe /nojvm
    This should start the installation routine.
  8. After a short while You see a window where You can choose what to install. See picture below.
  9. Finish Your installation. The first reboot after installing the new OS software on Your BlackBerry might take half an hour, so You better drink some tea meanwhile.

If You reach this step, You almost made it. Pinyin and other input methods! Don’t forget to install the necessary fonts as well.

Hope this helps, Tina. ;-)

New Contributor
elytalim
My Device: AT&T

Hi mrchance,

I'm trying your steps mentioned about how to enable the chinese input characters, but i cannot complete it...

1. How to uninstall prev blackberry devise software ? I search at Add/remove program at control panel, but cannot find any blackberry device software, except Blackberry Desktop Software and Blackberry media Sync... So which one are you referring to ?

2. When you said install the blackberry software which we have downloaded, u mean install into PC ?

Please help, because after I upgrade to v.5, my blackberry cannot do pinyin input character.

Thanks a lot.... ^_^

New Contributor
mrchance
My Device: 9000 Bold

Hi Elytalim,

Thanks for the question.

Question 1. Yes, BB Desktop Software and BB Media Sync are the two I'm referring to.

Question 2. Yes, into PC, then follow its instructions to load it onto your Blackberry. Now BB website has a latest Eastasia Language Pack for Bold 9000 which is called "BlackBerry Handheld Software v5.0.0.1137 (EastAsia) ". Try this first, if not working, keep using the old version "BlackBerry Handheld Software v4.6.0.518 (EastAsia)".

Good luck!

pragya
My Device: Curve 8520

i dont see the AppLoader folder in my research in motion folder. 

I had chinese language option till i restored my blackberry device.

Now thw option is not there>

I reloaded my desktop software but i still dont see the language and support option in my applications.

I want to install chinese language but im lost! 

Contributor
nellamrtnz1207
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9330

i know the steps to download the software.

but everytime i go to any service provider and click on the type of phone i have, then i click download (whatever software) and it asks for my name, address, company i work for? so i cant dowload any software, from any service provider.... anyone know what to do? i want to install an asia language pack for japanese but to do that i have to dowload the software that supports asia languages, but i cant do that if everytime i want to dowload a software it redirects me to put my information ?