Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager on Linux Ubuntu : seems to work

so says this blog article :

http://blog.atraxis.net/blackberry/bb-desktopmanager-on-ubuntu.html

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Desktop Manager on Linux Ubuntu : seems to work

The link is bad

Guru I

hello, I can see that too. The article was dated early october, and it seems that all entries on that blog prior to early november are not available anymore. You can contact the blogger, I do not remember exactly was was written in that article because I do not use an Ubuntu distribution.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

My apologies for the bad link. Basically i installed it using wine, to get it up and running i had to install the necessary dot net packages from Microsoft. Hope this helps.

My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Telus

We don't need to run crappy windows software in WINE.  What we do need is a Blackberry Desktop applications written for Linux.  RIM should be providing support for Linux!!!!

Guru I

rikvan58 wrote:

We don't need to run crappy windows software in WINE.  What we do need is a Blackberry Desktop applications written for Linux.  RIM should be providing support for Linux!!!!

hi,

this is a community forum and RIM employees do not monitor the forum.so your rant will not be heard by RIM.

Besides, in RIM's history they have rarely been compatible with open source data/ model/APIs. no OGG, no OGM and so on. I wouldn't count on a desktop manager available for *nix anytime soon.

Lastly, the desktop manager for Windows is not a "crappy windows software". To this day it is the best desktop software made by RIM (there is a mac version which bears far less features).

I can understand your feelings that you dont like anyone down grading your software.  But the reason i am looking for linux drivers for my blackberry is because your software wont see my blackberry.  Not only have I had problems but many of my friends have had similar problems.  Finest huh?

My Device: Blackberry Bold
My Carrier: Telstra

So, if you have a ubuntu desktop and your Bold seems to think everything points to the address book (and I mean EVERY app icon), is there anyway to reload theoperating system?  Easily.

BTW went and bought a Sony-Erikson Experia, and cool it is too!