Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
winnipeggirl
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: MTS

Re: Desktop Manager "disconnected" and I can't get rid of the error message

That's Awesome! I have probably spent a whole day on this issue, and helping someone else lessens the pain. :smileywink:

I haven't checked back with BlackBerry to see if they made good on their promise to put this fix in their support articles, but I see that at least 2 people have found it and it worked for them, so at least it's "out there."

Thanks for posting that it worked -- makes me smile every time.

Karin

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
padams
My Device: curve 8330
My Carrier: sprint

I noticed this was Windows 7 os, does anyone know if this works on Vista?

I have a Compaq running Vista Home Basic and DM does not detect BB BUT the USB does charge and I see BBSP in USB Controllers.

Thanks

Paul

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bb0358
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi Paul, Yes, this does work with Vista. My wife's laptop is  running windows vista home basic. Her BB would charge via the USB but would not sync with DTM. As soon as I did the steps 1-4 and removed the upper filter....the BB synced with DTM and is still working awesome. A big KUDOS to Winnipeggirl for posting this. I hope this helps you as well.

Mike

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sferes
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro (Brasil)

I understand this was a while ago (3 years :smileyvery-happy:) but do you recall if you still saw 2 drivers at:

7. You should see one driver. I saw two. The one the BlackBerry likes is the RimUsb one.

I took the steps to delete UpperFilters and restarted my system. The computer continues to be able to see blackberry

1. Plug in your phone into your USB drive. Assuming your Blackberry is "seen" by your computer...

And the drivers are:

RimUsb_AMD64.sys

WdfCoInstaller01007.dll

But Desktop Manager doesn't. Any other ideas?

PS: I did a forget device trying to trouble shoot another problem, now I'm stuck and can't do "unforget".

Thanks,

Sandro

Please use plain text.