Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
Hall of Famer II
My Device: Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.840), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Desktop Manager refuses to synchronize outlook 2010 calendar

Since I don't have your situation, your coming back here would be a service to the entire community, not just me. And that would be a good thing indeed.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8520

Hello again,

since our latest eschange I think having tried almost everything but as long as anu Office 2012 application is installed Outlook 2010 refuses to synchronize. Even after un-installing Office 2010 completely the synchronization does not work (probably the MAPI32 file is not set back) and I have no interest in returning under Office XP with Outlook 2010 as before installing Office 2012. That probably means that as long as BB does not make available a DM compatible with Outlook 2012 the synchronization will not be possible anymore. It is a pitty....

Nevertheless, thank you for your valuable assistance all along this exchange

Contributor

Hello again,

I come back on the initial problem and just want to inform you that repairing a problem with Duplicate Killer from 4Team the IT pro who has solved my problem by connecting itself to my PC did one "hack" on the registry relating to my Outlook version (I dont know which "hack" he did, but I have just observed that he concelled one line in the Software /Outlook folder) and then started a Outlook 2010 repair session (that took quite long). Afterwards the Duplicate Killer problem was resolved and I intended to start a BB synchronization through DM (that was not possible because DM could not recognize the correct version of my Ootlook) and - surprisingly DM did not anymore respond with the 'Outlook version not supported' error and started into the configuration process for the data, but - and that is my new problem - requested to define an Outlook profile. Although of course I have an Outlook profile called "Outlook" without it Outlook would not work, that appears when I question Outlook about it, DM cannot find same. Is their a specific folder in which DM looks for such a profile? I guess that if I can copy my working profile into that folder DM would work again.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Contributor

Hello again,

after my yesterday's communication I have tried to uninstall completely DM (with Revouninstaller) and re-installed the software. And what a surprise; it recognises by itself my Outlook 2010 profile and now the synchronization works perfectly again. Ouf, it was a time consuming process but thanks to the registry hack of the IT pro from 4Team relative to one of the Outlook 2010 registry keys followed by a repair of O2010 DM works again as before. I am sorry not to be able to specify the registry "hack" that has been made, but maybe you can determine - or inform me about how I could find out on my PC. Does their exist a log somewhere on the PC giving all details of changes made to the registry?