Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
jmoskowitz
My Device: 8500

Desktop Manager states Updated Software Component Must Be Installed - but won't install it

I am running Desktop Manger 6.1.0.35 (Bundle 34) for a while. I am moving to a new smartphone of the same model but phone I am moving to has an older OS on it. I run the desktop manager which correctly determines that there is a new OS to load. I select the OS version to load and tell it to get the update and it responds with the error 'An Updated Blackberry Software component must be installed before you can continue'. It then asks if you wish to Install or Cancel. After selecting Install, it returns to the main screen of the desktop manager. Selecting UPDATE again, to insteall the latest OS, it repeats the same process again. So I am unable to load the latest OS into the device.

I've tried loading the software via the Blackberry web site instead, and it does the same thing. I can't get the OS updated.

Has anyone had this problem and determined how to get around it?

New Contributor
juanstroh
My Device: BB Curve 9300

Re: Desktop Manager states Updated Software Component Must Be Installed - but won't install it

im strugling with the exact same issue, when selecting install the software component it give error

Shodudu
My Device: Touch 9860

Re: Desktop Manager states Updated Software Component Must Be Installed - but won't install it

I have the same problem with my Touch 9860. No help yet!
Artemis84
My Device: Bold 9900

Hey,

i am having the same issue for about 3 weeks now. I was able to install the latest version, 7.1, but i can't install a new OS. The software finds that there is a new OS that can be installed, but as soon i want to install it, the software demands an update, although it already is the newest version...

Might there be a general problem with the 7.1 version???

Visitor
mike9900
My Device: bold 9900

Exactly the same problen here.

I'm new to Blackberry .....

Mike

New Contributor
allansains
My Device: 9720

I have also having this issues. Been happening now for a couple of weeks. Would really like to find a fix for this.

Anyone any closer?

Many thanks