Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Manager v4.7 ignores outlook calendar and does not sync it at all

Hello,

I upgraded my BB Curve 8310 to v4.5.0.110 version of OS and tried to sync it using Desktop Manager 4.2 and it started to give me an error when it got to calendar. Now I updated Desktop Manager to v4.7 and it syncs everything except the calendar.  I'm running Win XP w/ SP3. 

I even tried isolating the sync just to sync the calendar, it starts the operation and then just exits out, does not crash.  It does not create a log for this operation so I don't think it runs at all.  What should I do?

Please help. 

New Contributor

Re: Desktop Manager v4.7 ignores outlook calendar and does not sync it at all

Thanks for bringing this up - have u gotten any resolution?  I call Intellisync and their answer is to offload vista, reformat my hard drive, then reload Vista and the reload the Desktop Software.  Isn't that ludicrous?  It cost me $50 to obtain a resolution that will cost me $350 to implement.  Step up Intellisync, your stuff doesn't work and Blackberry is losing customers because of it!

New Contributor

I have not found a resolution to this.  I already have tried to un-install v4.7 and install v4.6, the problem is identical.  I have 15 BB Curves in my office that will be updated to the new OS for other applications to work but we can start the upgrade until we can fix this problem.  Any suggestions will be appreciated. 

Thanks

New Contributor

Vadim,  Good news!  I called Verizon support.  They transferred me directly into Blackberry support (free of charge!).  They stepped me through a routine that went like this:  Right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator".  Then click on Synchronize, but do not proceed...instead click on "Reset Config".  You will be asked to verify this step.  Then, highlight the filename in the second line and Ctrl C. Next, goto Start, Run and press Ctrl V.  Press enter.  It iwll bring you to a folder containing an Intellisync folder.  DELETE the folder!  It is the cause of the problem.  After this, you can resume your Synchronization configuration as you did initially.  Your problem should be solved.  But, if I've missed a step, call Verizon!  Not Blackberry, Not Intellisync!   Verizon has a vested interest in your success.  Good luck!

Hi there,

I need to know that this definitely worked as my blackberry is linked to my outlook at work!

I need to contact IT administrators to get this sorted.

Cheers

Have you installed any third party applications that integrate with the calendar e.g. Facebook? If you have please go to Options (on BB) > Advanced Options > Default Services > Ensure CICAL is configured the same as SYNC and CMIME.

Thanks Mattecamp...it worked in a flash.