Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
runningsheep
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Desktop Manager with Pearl 8120 keeps crashing with no error message mid-way through sync!

I've been using my 8120 for about 3 months with Desktop Manager 4.6 with no problems. Recently, it updated to 4.7 and since then, every time I try to sync it gets part way through syncing calendar items, then a Vista error message appears saying that Desktop Manager has stopped working and closes the program.

I've tried uninstalling 4.7 (including removing registry items) and reinstalling 4.6 but now the same problem occurs with 4.6!!!

Grrr...

Still not prepared to sell my soul and buy an iPhone, but I need some help!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza
My Device: 7230,7290,8100,8300,8700,9000

Re: Desktop Manager with Pearl 8120 keeps crashing with no error message mid-way through sync!

Hi There and welcome to the forums,

You mentioned that you uninstalled and remove registry files, but did you do it according to this Clean uninstall KB

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02206

If not, simply Delete or rename the Intellisync folder.

1. Close the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

2. Open Windows® Explorer and locate the following folder:

3. C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

4. Delete or rename the Intellisync folder (for example, Intellisync_old).

5. Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

6. Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer.

7. Double-click Synchronize.

8. Select the Synchronize organizer data check box.

9. Click Synchronize now to synchronize the organizer data on your BlackBerry device. A new Intellisync folder is created.

See how you go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If someone give you helpful hints, please click on Kudos.
If you issue is resolved, mark Accept Solution next to the resolution post.
Feel free to search www.blackberry.com/btsc to find your answers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
runningsheep

Re: Desktop Manager with Pearl 8120 keeps crashing with no error message mid-way through sync!

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I did use that KB article for the uninstall and registry file removal.

To check, I just looked for that Intellisync folder in the filepath you mentioned, but as I'm using Vista, the filepath is different.

I went to

Computer -> Local Disk (C:smileyhappy: -> Program Files -> Research In Motion -> BlackBerry

and there's no Intellisync folder there (however, there are IS71 Action Engine, Connectors and Desktop Setup folders as well as some ilsync .dll files).

Sorry, but thanks for the help!

Richard

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza

sorry, my bad

In Windows Vista™

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Intellisync

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11703

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
runningsheep

[ Edited ]

Thanks again!

A real improvement, but no joy - it got a bit further through the process to 'Reading from Microsoft Outlook Calendar - Record 217 of 854' before the notification 'Intellisync - The operation terminated unexpectedly'.

Have I broken the internet...:smileywink: !

Message Edited by runningsheep on 06-17-2009 09:53 AM
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza

Ok, most likely you have one or more corrupted calendar entries.

Go through this KB http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB01451

Look at those logs you created and scroll right down to the bottom of it, that would be your corrupted entry.  If it still fails after your remove the first corrupted entry, repeat those steps until you remove all the corrupted items.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
runningsheep

Perfection!

Mwah!

My only question now is... will I have the same problem if I try to update to 4.7 again?

Thank you so much though - I could have gone over to the dark side of Apple without you!

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
Forza

Good to hear all working for you now.

Go ahead with v4.7.

Please use plain text.