Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
nharfert
My Device: Bold 9000

Desktop Manager woes...

I upgraded to DM 5.0 at the same time as I switched providers from AT&T to Verizon. Now on the Tour. Running XP SP3.

When I installed 5.0, all went well; rebooted and when I started DM, it briefly flickers the "Preparing to Install" window (for like 1/10th of a second) mulitple times.

I connected my BB; the computer pulls up a "Portable Device" detection window and gives me the option to  Open / Explore; Sync media files; Manage Device (w/Rhapsody) or Take no action.  DM is not recognizing the BB; still reporting "disconnected."

I have hard-booted the BB a few times; have uninstalled / re-installed 5.0 to no avail.  Finally I uninstalled 5.0 and tried to re-install 4.7 (which worked fine w/my BB9000) but it's also having the same problems.  Went back to 5.0 install and still seeing same issues.

Thanks for any help you can provide!  ...Neil

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: Desktop Manager woes...

can you try and follow the following steps in this kb article by performing a clean uninstall of the desktop manager software

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Afterwards reboot your computer and try to download desktop manager 5.0 again.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.