Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: VZW

Re: Desktop Mgr 1.03 problem

I'm having the same problem as NYC2010. I reverted back to 1.0.2 using time machine but it still won't sync.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: Verizon

same problem as everyone else here -- Sync Error -- but mine wiped out my iCal and BB device.  I restored by BB data from the last sync (which was outdated but better than nothing...) but don't know how to restore my iCal -- any suggestions?  Um, did no one there beta test this???? this is stone age stuff....

My Device: Pearl 8100
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I used the solution proposed by Benzel and it worked well on the Pearl 8100.  Use the first option

to accomplish the fix.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: At&T

Similar to everyone else in this thread, I updated my BlackBerry Desktop Software to 1.03 only to disrupte my life since my entire calendar on iCal is now blank.  Like others, during the first sync with the new software, the software notified me about a large percentage of calendar events that would be adjusted.  The funny part is that all of them were from my calendar title "birthday".  What do you think happened?  My entire calendar was erased except for the birthday calendar entries which are the least of my concerns.

The good news is that 1.03 did not erase or disrupt my address book.  The other good news is that about 80% of my old calendar (prior to syning with the lousy 1.03 update) is still on my blackberry curve 8310.

I attempted to re sync and I ran across the same problem on round 2, but I did not receive any notification about a large number of calendar items being adjusted on my blackberry or MacBook Pro.  The desktop software claims to have properly synched my calendar and then the software just spins and spins attempting to sync my address book.  The desktop software never gets past this point and I quite desktop manager mid sync both times out of frustration.  I was nervous after round 2 thinking that I now erased the calendar events on my blackberry, but nothing was changed.

Everything worked just fine with the previous desktop software so I am very frustrated with this enormous inconvenience.  Perhaps someone at BlackBerry HQ's would like to visit my office and re-enter my calender entries?

I am sorry for the sarcastic comment, but this is a big inconvenience and I would have thought that the new software would have been beta tested enough so that a large error such as this would be avoided.

So....what is the fix?  I see that this thread started on the 20th and today is the 22nd and I am not aware of any solution.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

Argh! Same problem. Previous version was fine; installed 1.0.3, synced with Mac (Snow Leopard), which is set for syncing both entourage and ical, got error message and everything was wiped out. Restored Mac data via Time Machine and backup hard drive. Unclicked the "replace data on device" box, which the error message fix had said to click, and data came back except for recent entries.

But now: Calendar changes made on my Curve don't sync to the Mac, but Mac changes do sync to the BB. Yes, I have two-way syncing checked. Yes, I have entourage and apple syncing set to sync all around. 

What good is a BB calendar if I can't sync updates to my Mac? I'd gladly go back to Desktop Manager v.1.0.2 if I knew how to do that.

Also - please explain "the first option worked" in previous response to Benzel's suggestion. Some of us aren't techies and need step-by-step instructions. (And that's why we love Macs :-) ).

New Contributor

My problem exactly -- my BB data is still there, iCal totally wiped out.  When I try to do a restore on iCal, it sends me to my Blackberry BackUps folder where everything is dimmed so cannot be used....

Would love to have a simple 1-2-3 quick fix while they are patching this bug -- BB folks, can you please help us???

New Contributor

Me again -- this works, I just did it :smileyhappy:

Option 1

1. Navigate to <User>/Library/Application Support/
  2. Delete the BlackBerryDesktop folder.
  3. Empty the Trash Bin.
  4. Restart BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
When you go to sync, make SURE you click MERGE DATA on the prompt -- this repopulated all my iCal Data from my BB.  I made sure to run another backup from my BB before I synched just in case, but it worked so that will hold me till the patch.  
New Contributor
My Device: 8030

Same here, upgrading to 1.03 wiped out most of my birthday and anniversary reminders and personal and business appointments in Entourage. I followed the instructions to force BB to merge appointments which worked fairly well. A number of my appointments were duplicated which led to confusion because when I deleted the duplicates, Entourage sent out meeting cancellations to business associates and clients. They were upset because their appointments were cancelled. I realize the cancellations were an Entourage issue but it wouldn't have happened if DM hadn't totally messed over my calendar. 

So after considerable time sorting out the mess and getting everything back to normal, I resync'd my BB this morning to update some appointments and I now have appointments I haven't touched being duplicated again. This new version of DM is buggy to biblical proportions and has caused untold loss of productivity for my company.

New Contributor
My Device: 8530
My Carrier: VZW

I finally got my sync to work by fully uninstalling and reinstalling DM 1.0.3. The uninstall process is included in the desktop manager DMG. It won't help with missing data, obviously, but at least I can sync now.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8530

Yea, BBMac, this worked for me too! I still got a "sync error" message when I synced after restarting, but I seem to have the calendar events working both ways now (some duplicates, but I can live with that for now).

Boy, they do need to get this bug fixed, though!