Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
antoniovtorres
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Desktop Mgr 6 - "Music services failed to load"

[ Edited ]

That's not the solution that helped me. 

In short, it ended up with me being PO'd enough to just delete the entire memory card. I figured, BB put those files there, they can put new ones back. Before I did that, I did a search using "*.*" to make sure I got all my unique pics/video off the memory card first. In doing so, I came across some system files relating to art. I knew album art was a clue from previous searches about this problem. Instead of wiping the whole card clean, I deleted system files from the memory card that had anything to do with album art and a few others as well (Slacker which doesn't seem to want to go away; not blaming it for the problem.. then again). 

Voila. It started working again. I am syncing as we speak. 

I wish I could say what file or files but I did it in a PO'd state of mind so I went rough with it. Album art was my only clue. 

Perhaps the best thing as a fix is to just wipe the card clean altogether. Just back the whole thing up. For me, I have a 16GB card but after music was already wiped off, only had about 250MB to put in a separate folder. Like I said, BB put that file structure on the card in the first place, it can put it back. 

Edit

I wanted to mention that before I got PO'd I did try a number of things - uninstalled/reinstalled twice, deleted WMP album art including hidden/system files, removed all songs from WMP. The only thing I refused to do was install iTunes as a work around.

Antonio @ AVTDesign
Get@Me
New Contributor
Doc_Mike
My Device: BlackBerry Storm 2

[ Edited ]

Antonio,

Thank you for sharing your success story.  I'll give it a try!  Anyone who, like me, eventually gets "PO'd" at computer problems and goes at it tooth and nail is definitely someone to whom I can relate!

Thanks again.

Terry

Visitor
Forbescraft
My Device: 9800

[ Edited ]

Here is the solution that worked for me, based on antoniovtorres post (I resisted the urge to get PO'd and tried to figure out what he must have done):

With desktop manager closed, using Blackberry user tools, navigate to 'Blackberry\system\' (make sure that hidden files are shown or you won't see the 'system' folder).

Move or delete the folders 'Media Sync' and 'media' from the system directory.

Re-open desktop manager.

Click yes to any dialog that appears.

You should now be able to sync music again.

Note that your device may want to double up on your synced pictures and videos, so you may want to delete your pictures and videos off of the device before your next picture or video sync. Hope it works for y'all.

Scott

JohnnyStorm
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800

[ Edited ]

I've had this problem too until today. I just fixed it. The new blackberry software upload does throw the sync function off somehow.

What you must do is check your advanced network settings to make sure that you computer is discoverable, file sharing is enabled, media streaming is enabled and that encryption is set to the lowest settings do not attempt the next steps unless you can see your computer name on your phone in the open wifi networks menu.

• After starting the desktop software make sure that media sync on the desktop software is turned off.
  • Connect your phone to your computer.
  • Select Applications and uninstall wifi media sync on your blackberry. Your phone will restart.
  • Reinstall wifi media sync to your phone.
  • Turn wifi media sync on on the desktop software keep your phone connected during this process to completion.
  • Select yes if prompted to run program as Administrator.  
  • Upon completion disconnect your phone and watch the magic happen!
flyingcat
My Device: 9300

Everything was working profectly, but two days ago I have same problem. Tried everything eg. unstall/reinstall Media Sync, un/reintall BDM, Use bb user tool etc. so so so PO'ed. Spend whole day on the computer and sure made more mess by trying to solve the problem, for example, deleted BB Podcast on device and now cannot get it reinstalled. At end of day it still NOT working. Same 'Music services failed to load' message.

Only thing I am reluctant to try is to wipe clean my 16gb media card. If BDM cannot get itune music file loaded, how it is going to help by wiping media card in the phone? Do not understand :No:

By the way, phone is 9300 and I Sync from iTune. Was working.............. not now. HELP!! :Helpsmilie:

New Contributor
bbnewbie07
My Device: BB Bold 9780

I had the same problem.

What worked for me was to follow Antoniovtorres post. At first I didn't know where to find the "Blackberry/system" folder to delete the "Media Sync" folder (like he mentioned). I looked EVERYWHERE. Then when I plugged in my BB again, the little window popped up that gives you different options like "Upload pictures with this program" or "Upload music with this program". Well towards the bottom of the list is the option to "Open files with Windows Explorer". So I clicked on that to look for the "Blackberry/system" folders. (Make sure your BBDM is closed!)

Once I oopened it there was a Blackberry folder and I clicked on that. Then the system folder was there. (It was a hidden file so make sure your hidden files are showing-->do that by clicking the oraganize files tab in the top left corner). Then once I clicked on system I deleted the "Media Sync" folder and VIOLA! I am syncing gain as I type!

I hope this works for y"all!

New Contributor
joverparas
My Device: blackberry curve Apollo 9360

this one did the job done.

thanks  Scott:Clap:

GeoffGoy
My Device: Curve 9300 & Playbook

I'm getting the same message when trying to sync to my Curve 9300, but I can sync music to my Playbook with no problem. HELP!

GeoffGoy
My Device: Curve 9300 & Playbook

Posted before I saw the fix from bbnewbie07

Works a treat - thanks

KSJ
KSJ
My Device: curve

The way I solved the problem was by wiping the media from my phone (after backing up my pictures and movies).

The option is found under Media > Options. After that, the music application loaded fine.

Kinda annoying, but it worked.