Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

ponky101
My Device: Not Specified

Desktop Mgr wants to delete all my old appointments from Outlook

I have my phone set to keep ALL calendar appointments forever, but when I sync with the Desktop Manager, it wants to delete all of my old appointments from Outlook.  How can I prevent this?

Thanks!

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Desktop Mgr wants to delete all my old appointments from Outlook

hello,

there is an option in the desktop manager to choose the direction of the sync between outlook and the blackberry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
ponky101

I know of that option, but if I activate it, then all the information I put in my phone will not go to my Outlook , or vice versa.  There has to be a way to keep the balckbeery from trying to delete all old appointments. 

Anyone know the solution?

New Contributor
gregk

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem.

My Calendar sync settings are as follows:

1. Two way sync

2. Transfer all scheduled items

After one or two normal syncs where it seems to work ok, new entries on the BB are added to outlook and vice versa. However then deletes all of my old calendar entries on the device and wants to do the same in outlook. I have already had to restore my calendar once and luckily caught it the second time before accepting the deletion.

My blackberry desktop manager is version 4.6.0.12.

Can anyone help?

Message Edited by gregk on 10-14-2008 11:53 AM
New Contributor
gregk

Ok, so changed the setting from sync all to sync 3000 days past and 2000 day's future.

Again, first sync fine, no problems.

Second sync, device has only 100 calendar items, outlook has 1,500, recommendation to delete 1,400 items from Outlook even though the all occure witin the past 3000 days!

This is really starting to annoy me. Surely someone must have some idea as to why this is happening?

Thanks

Greg

New Contributor
occam1

I have the same issue. XP with SP3, Desktop Manager 4.6.0.12 (just updated to see if problem fixed, but no), Blackberry 8310. Every time I sync, it has 140 records on the device and 6000 records on Outlook which I want to keep (and have been transferring between new Blackberries since 2001). Instead of recognising that the Outlook records should take precedence over the Device's blanks, the Desktop Manager asks if I wantto delete my 6000 Outlook records. This has only happened since I switched to the 8310 a few months back. When I choose 're-sync', the synchronisation process slows to a crawl, but never transfers the Outlook records to the Device. Help!
New Contributor
gregk

Well, I seem to have solved the "problem".

Desktop manager isn't the only place you need to set the calendar sync. In Calendar on the Device go to Options, General Options, Actions, select "Keep Appointments" Forever, done. No more deleting old appointments!

New Contributor
Bookkeeper
My Device: 8310

I hope it works.  I changed the option on my phone.  I'll let you know.

thanks!

New Contributor
greenbraeguy

I am a new BB user.  I have a BB curve  (Verizon) , M/S XP and use Oulook for contacts and calendars. 

On Outlook I have calendar items from August 1 to  Oct 18 08

On the BB I have calendar items from Sep 3  to today  Nov 4, meaning the overlapped items from Sep3 to Oct 18 are synched. First I want to add the Aug Oultook entries to the BB.  Then as a second step add the Oct 18 to Nov 4 BB items to Outlook.

So, for first step, I changed the BB in calendar options to date range of "Forever" as described in the thread, and changed the config setings on the BB desk top mgr for the calendar to one way:  Outloook to BB only in order to load the August entries on the BB.  However it does not load these entries.  When I tried for 2 way synch, it wanted to delete all of the outlook Aug entries rather than adding the Outlook Aug entries to BB, so I cancelled before accepting.

If I add a new Aug 08 entry into Outlook and save it, and then do the one way synch Outlook to BB, the new entry does show up on the BB.

Can someone help me why it synchs new entries for that time period but not prior entries?

Greenbraeguy

tnettekoven

I am also having the same aforementioned issues on this thread.  I have heard the solution to set the Blackberry calendar option to "keep forever," but I cannot find this option in my Curve 8310.  When I am in the Calendar, I don't have an option to select "general options," It's just menu button --> options, and that's it.  Nowhere under those options can I tell Blackberry to keep appointments forever or select further "general options."  It's just not there.