Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Highlighted
My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Desktop Software Constantly Asks To Install. PLEASE HELP!

Hi,

I went to uninstall Blackberry Desktop Software years ago, and believed to have done it correctly (No Blackberry items in my control panel when i go to uninstall etc.)

However, every time i go to open a video in realplayer or Windows media player or anything like that, Blackberry Desktop Software 6.1 tries to install, i will click cancel, it will reappear instantly, i click cancel again, it reappears instantly every single time. So i leave it, it then says it cannot install because the feature i am trying to use is on a network resource that is unavaliable, so i click cancel, then it restarts again. Its ridiculous.

Please help me get rid of it for good. i have AVG anti-virus software and i am in Windows Vista.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Software Constantly Asks To Install. PLEASE HELP!

[ Edited ]

Have you pressed your Start button and done a search? If you open the search area and type in 'BlackBerry', it should list any files associated with BlackBerry. You could then delete these files. I know you said there were no BlackBerry programs in your Control Panel but there could still be fragments remaining.

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Only images (all .jpg files) that i had taken on the Blackberry previously and then put onto my pc.

Contributor
My Device: Undisclosed

This really is a pain, BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1 tries to install itself on certain occasions when Windows Media Player is in use, despite having been uninstalled, even on Windows 8.1!