Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

jassythedog
My Device: Curve

Desktop Software Crashing

Anyone else think that the BB Desktop Software is poor? I tried installing Ver 7 on my Windows XP but it complained that I needed SP3 installed. I installed this and then installed Desktop S/W. Now when it opens it crashes with unknown problem. A quick Google search shows many many others have had the same problem. I then uninstalled and downloaded Ver 6 as some had better results with this version. No, it still crashes with same problem. Some people say to do a clean uninstall you need to uninstall through Control Panel (which I did), then manually remove some files and remove some entries in the Registry, others have even used CCleaner. BTW, yes I do have Admin rights on my own laptop. What absolute pants software. Is it no wonder that RIM are going downhill when they produce non user friendly software that does not work "out of the box" Bottom line is that I still do not have a method to get my pictures off my Curve and I cannot find another third party s/w that will do the job properly. Does anyone know of anything I can use or a sure fire way to get the BB s/w working?
New Contributor
BUCKFUSBY
My Device: 9780

Re: Desktop Software Crashing

I recently had a update to the new version of the desktop software and ever since I can't sync my Blackberry with outlook 2010 and I have had to reset the phone three times.  The problem seems to be that it can't connect to outlook and I have tried all the work around apart from rermoving live connector, which will stop me getting e-mails through outlook.

The phone worked perfectly and sync'd fine with outlook 2010 until the update, now at present it's become a bog standard mobile instead of the vital piece of tech that I have come to relied on.

Up to last weekend I have never had a problem with this or my previous Blackberry phones, I even bought a playbook!

I can't find any way to contact Blackberry on their site and if I can't find an answer to this problem the Blackberry will be going and I will change to an android phone instead.

Anybody got any idea's