06-11-2012 07:52 PM - last edited on 06-11-2012 08:10 PM by coreno
Since upgrading to V7 i cant sync my 9900 with outlook!. I have spent ages searching for a solution and I have got nowhere.
I had a Bold 5800 and RIM released a new OS and messed the phone up (not enough memory even after a wipe), i got a Bold 9900 to solve this problem and the phone is rubbish, battery life is worse than a IPhone!.
Now they have updated the Desktop Software and messed that up.
I am getting sick of Blackbery and their products!
06-12-2012 01:43 PM
Today I shifted to the new v7 Desktop Software, and all went well. But I did do some additional things, just to be sure. Here's the process I followed...maybe it'll work for you. I also, as an added protection before starting, copied my calendar, contacts, memos, and tasks into an Outlook PST...just in case...I tend to regularly do that anyway since most PC backup programs can't back those up from the main mailbox, but can back up a PST (as long as it's closed from Outlook).
I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.
Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).
1) Remove any/all device OS update package(s) from your PC (add/remove programs)
2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:
3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:
4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:
5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC
6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package
7) Launch the Desktop Software
8) Connect BB when prompted
9) Delete, from the BB, the organizer app user content databases:
10) Start the organizer configuration over:
This re-loaded all organizer content databases to my BB cleanly. Hopefully it will work for you.
Good luck and let us know!