Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Pearl 8110
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software - cannot resize window

Hello -

The issue I have is that I cannot resize the program window of the desktop software.  The box is too small and some program icons cannot be seen.  I cannot resize it the normal way by moving the edges with my mouse cursor like a regular XP window.  I am running Version 4.6 right now, but I also had this problem with 4.5 and 4.3.

I have searched the net for someone with the same problem, but I have not found any leads.  I do not know if it is the program that is the issue, or some Windows XP setting that is preventing me from resizing.

If anybody has any clue how to fix this, please help me out.  This is really annoying and I cannot get full functionality from the software due to this simple yet critical problem.

Thanks a lot,

Brian

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Desktop Software - cannot resize window

hello,

what is the resolution of your PC monitor ? it should be one among :
640x648
1024x768
1152x864
1280x960
1600x1024
etc.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello -

Here are the vitals:

17" 1920x1200 monitor on a Dell Inspiron 9400 laptop (1.83 Ghz Core2 Duo, 2 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce Go 7900 running latest drivers.

I am running Windows XP SP2 with Windows update on.  See DirectX info below for more details.

Brian

Message Edited by Geopoliticus on 08-25-2008 07:27 AM
Guru I

its higher than what I have. I am surprised by your problem (windows too small) ; could you make a screenshot ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Here are two screenshots:

Screenshot 2 

New Contributor

Screenshot
Guru I

Xandrex wrote:
its higher than what I have. I am surprised by your problem (windows too small) ; could you make a screenshot ?
ok I figured it out.

It's a problem with the way the Desktop Manager is coded, let me explain :
as you use a high resolution, you have configured your Windows to display big letters (a font with a big size). Usually, application are supposed to be able to :
  • resize the window
  • flow correctly with the size of the text / or not take the font size into account at all
  • move from one clickable thing to the other by using the TAB key
None of this work, so the only way for you is to temporarily edit your Windows configuration to use small fonts.

New Contributor

Ah...interesting.  How do I go about changing my font settings in that way?  Do I run MSCONFIG, or somewhere in Control Panel?
New Contributor

Xandrex, I figured out how to adjust the dpi from the Appearances tab in Display properties.  Problem solved!  You are brilliant.  Thanks for helping me out.

Cheers,

Brian

Guru I

hello,

I hope you'll have a good time using the Desktop Manager. Don't forget to do regular backups.

one way to acknowledge my brilliance is to click on the yellow box and the green box that are on the right of my best message.
Then for other people that look in the discussion list, they will know that issue has been solved.

(you can do that for other contributors, not just me :smileywink: )