Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: AIS

Desktop Software cause Bluescreen

I recently just got a new Dell Vostro V130 notebook at work and installed BB Desktop Software. I am able to connect to the BB normally, but whenever I try to use the BB to connect to internet, it will cause a blue screen. I look around and found forum saying that it is related to driver for Validity Fingerprint. However, that forum only discuss about driver for HP notebook only, therefore I'm not sure how to resolve this for my computer. (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-ZA/itproxpsp/thread/89b28983-0470-41f1-a6e4-ac6985e547... Has anyone confront with the same issue? Is there a way to resolve this, without removin the Finger scan function? This makes it really difficult for me travel around for I use to connect VPN through BB. Please help.
Contributor
My Device: monza 9860
My Carrier: verizon

Re: Desktop Software cause Bluescreen

you mean? when you're online, with your laptop suddenly blue screen appears?

New Contributor

Nope, when i open BB Desktop and got the BB connected to the program. Then when I want to get online through my BB, I will press "Mobile Internet" on the lower left corner. When it try to connect, then the blue screen will appear. I can't get online yet.
Contributor

you need to repair your PC/LAPTOP, or do it system restore, if not work, check your RAM, if your RAM just 1gigabyte, hope you add 1gigabyte again, if you have 2gigabyte assambley your RAM and deassambley again, if not work again,your RAM maybe broken..hope this fix

New Contributor

I'm running Window 7 64bits with 4G of DDR3 RAM. WHy is this related to RAM, I can do all other operation on this computer, I'm replying through it right now. I can get connect to Ipod, I can get file from BB through BB Desktop software. I can access everything on the BB, except get Mobile Internet.
Contributor

try update your "NET.Framework ".  recomended  " MS NET.Framework 4 x86_x64"  lastet JAVA runtime and "Standart Modem Driver"  at Standart modem driver,depending on your PC/LAPTOP manufacture,download all from official website, hope this help 

New Contributor

I'm running on .NET Framework 4 and JAVA runtime Environment 5.0 Update 1. Please help advise standard model driver, I'm not sure which one to select. I'm using Dell Vostro 3350. You can use my service tag number 87T4QR1. THank you very much.
Contributor

what windows you use now? windows 7 or XP?

Contributor

try use this driver, download from HERE 

New Contributor

I can't install this driver, it says

"Authentication failed.  The Dell Wireless 5540 HSPA Mobile Broadband Mini-Card cannot be installed on this computer.  Please contact the Dell support for further information."

I don't think i have this card installed, therefore I can't install the driver.