Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

bspence88
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360

Desktop Software for Mac Lion OSX Doesn't Show or Sync any Contacts

Hi there,

I am a brand new Blackberry user and so far am VERY frustrated. I also own an iPhone and love the thing because it just WORKS. Anyways, I downloaded the Desktop Software so I can sync my Mac Address Book with my Blackberry Curve 9360. Souldn't the software give me a choice of where I would like to sync my contacts from? It doesn't. And it just shows a blank empty list. I read another topic on here that iCloud needs to be disabled. I'm not sure how exactly to disable it but believe I did. But it still shows a blank list. Besides, iCloud is very handy and why would I want to turn it off. Shouldn't BLACKBERRY fix this problem so it works? I am not happy and if this doesn't get resolved in the next 24 hours, I will be returning to Rogers and sending this phone back and will NEVER return to RIM again. No wonder the stocks are plumiting. PLEASE HELP ME! I'm a tech savy guy and even I can't figure out how to get my contacts onto my Blackberry without doing it manually (which isn't going to happen).

New Contributor
djvachon
My Device: Z10

Re: Desktop Software for Mac Lion OSX Doesn't Show or Sync any Contacts

I have sam problem since upgrading to Mac Mountain Lion.Upgraded to latest Destop Manager for my Torch.  Not happy either. Looking to this forum for help. :smileysad:

New Contributor
Tonyfrs
My Device: Bold 9650

I have the same problem -- I am using OSX Mountain Lion and the Desktop software that I downloaded after upgrading to Mountain Lion does appear to have a necessary App called iSync. I cannot understand why Blackberry has not resolved this problem or at least said that it is working on a solution.
New Contributor
djvachon
My Device: Z10

So do we look for à iSnc App for pur BB?
New Contributor
Tonyfrs
My Device: Bold 9650

I think that it is supposed to be part of the Blackberry Desktop software, but do not really know. Look at the directions in the Blackberry manual for syncing
New Contributor
TerryKringle
My Device: Not Specified

I just tried to sync my BB 9350 which will not. It shows up in my BB Desktop Software and even allowed me to back it up but not sync. I am running Mountain Lion. Previously there was no problem syncing. Hopefully someone out there has a solution.
Trusted Contributor
Messagepads
My Device: Q10 and PlayBook 64Gb

Isn't it simply because of the known problem with iCloud sync enabled?

This operation makes the address book and calendar(s) invisible to BBDM as the data files are "removed" from the Mac and put "in the cloud"...

Several posts are documenting the problem and suggest some alternatives or work around (by disabling iCloud).

Look on the forum for additional details.

-------------
Don't forget to mark as "solved" if your question is replied and to "like" a useful reply to your post ;-)
wjwhitehead
My Device: blackberry Curve 9360

It's true that turning off iCal contacts in system preferences temporarily will allow it to show up. I found a link that worked for me here:  

http://macamour.com/blog/2011/11/06/sync-icloud-enabled-ical-and-address-book-to-blackberry-handheld...