Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
cdvonstinkpot
My Device: Bold 9930

Desktop Software update version 2/3/12 is broken. "Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device" does not stay checked.

I'm using the calendar sync with the new updated sync engine, and it's broken. The "Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device" option does not stay checked. I have to go into the calendars' configure dialog every time I sync to make it replace all the Outlook calendar data. This is not acceptable. Would someone kindly advise how to downgrade until this issue can be fixed? Please advise.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdvonstinkpot

Re: Desktop Software update version 2/3/12 is broken. "Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device" does not stay checked.

I found this post: http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Desktop-Software-for-PC/Sync-problems-since-update/td-p/15695... Where someone talks about downgrading using software acquired from the following link: http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html#post1744114 Can someone verify that the software provided in this link is indeed official Blackberry software and not a trojan? Is there a md5 hash of the older release we can compare this 3rd party hosted version against?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgbeau
My Device: Torch 9810

Re: Desktop Software update version 2/3/12 is broken. "Replace all entries on your computer with the entries on your device" does not stay checked.

I tried reinstalling v6 of DM, but it did not work for me. (some said it worked for them). I succeeded by restoring my PC system, prior to when I did the upgrade. Go back several events prior to the upgrade. (Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore). It's an easy walk thru in Windows 7. Good luck
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgbeau

When I tried this (didn't work for me), my sophos did a scan of the file before executing. It was clean.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdvonstinkpot

That's good to know, I didn't think about that I have AV, too that would scan it. It looks legit, but one can never know with these sketchy 'Host Anything' filesharing sites. I'd like to hear the official answer from BB before I proceed, I can't take a chance of compromising my company's data. Hopefully someone will read this post and give an official reply.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cgbeau

See my 1st post. Can always try the system restore route. It's easy in Windows 7.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

cdvonstinkpot wrote:
That's good to know, I didn't think about that I have AV, too that would scan it. It looks legit, but one can never know with these sketchy 'Host Anything' filesharing sites. I'd like to hear the official answer from BB before I proceed, I can't take a chance of compromising my company's data. Hopefully someone will read this post and give an official reply.

Arghhhh... I put it there. It's clean. Virus and  c r a p free, trust me. Anyone who knows me knows I don't place links to faulty downloads and statke my reputation to virus ridden software AND the ONLY reason I'd post it is because it will help someone. Perhaps you.

Good enough?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdvonstinkpot

I've installed the old version I got from that filesharing site, which I'm assured is a safe decision. It does solve my problem, but I can't help but wonder if I've just become an unwilling participant in the Zephyr botnet- hope not. I'd much prefer an official solution, but BB staff doesn't keep up on the forums apparently- it's been hours now with nothing from them.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdvonstinkpot

Thanks, by the way to JSanders for providing the fix.
Please use plain text.