Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Contributor
bobworthington
My Device: Bold 9700
Accepted Solution

Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38 (Multilanguage) - Works with Windows 7 [64 Bit]!!!!!!

A working solution!!!!!

I have tried the numerous links to the above that others people have found and have always come up with the message 'Desktop Manager is not working - Windows is looking for a solution'.  Finally I have found one that works without having to adjust any settings on your PC or uninstall any others programs.

I am with O2 Uk and did a search on Google for Blackberry Desktop Manager for O2 [Try the same with your own service provider's name].  After checking out a number of sites I ended up on a RIM page that I had not seen before which gave me a dropdown box for the Desktop Manager options for Windows and MAC OS's and all the Blackberry handsets.  I clicked on Windows OS and got the attached link 

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

It loaded OK and found and installed my Bold 9700.   I set up and ran the 2 way configuration and normal service has been resumed!!!  

I would recommend downloading and using Revo Uninstaller as this seems to give you a cleaner uninstall of programs, registry keys and redundant folders than any other uninstall.

Happy Synchronizing!!!!!! :Clap:

Bob

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bobworthington
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: Desktop Manager Software Solution

Desktop Manger Version 7 Does not work.  See rollback solution for Desktop Software v6.1.0 B38 (Multilanguage) - Windows 7 [64 Bit]
bobworthington wrote:

A working solution!!!!!

I have tried the numerous links to the above that others people have found and have always come up with the message 'Desktop Manager is not working - Windows is looking for a solution'.  Finally I have found one that works without having to adjust any settings on your PC or uninstall any others programs.

I am with O2 Uk and did a search on Google for Blackberry Desktop Manager for O2 [Try the same with your own service provider's name].  After checking out a number of sites I ended up on a RIM page that I had not seen before which gave me a dropdown box for the Desktop Manager options for Windows and MAC OS's and all the Blackberry handsets.  I clicked on Windows OS and got the attached link 

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

It loaded OK and found and installed my Bold 9700.   I set up and ran the 2 way configuration and normal service has been resumed!!!  

I would recommend downloading and using Revo Uninstaller as this seems to give you a cleaner uninstall of programs, registry keys and redundant folders than any other uninstall.

Happy Synchronizing!!!!!! :Clap:

Bob

Please use plain text.