Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Base

Desktop Software v7.0 B44 on PC Windows 7 Pro

I installed the latest version but when I start the DS I always get an error and the app is closing. I removed the software and installed version 6 again but still have the problem

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Desktop Software v7.0 B44 on PC Windows 7 Pro

I am having the same problem. After having done a Google search on the forums I see others having a similar problem but no simple solution.  Desktop manager prompted me to upgrade last week which I did. After the upload the desktop manager fails to load immediately after trying to start it or connecting the Blackberry. 

I asked Rogers who said they had never heard of the problem but suggested I go to Blackberry on the web and download the software from there. I did that, removed the, version 7 desktop manager when prompted and loaded the earlier version 6?  from the web.  Still the same problem

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Base

Hy, I just removed the software, launched a great tool CCleaner, free to download, and did a cleanup of the registry with this tool.

Restarted my computer and installed version 6 of DM software again.

Works great now

New Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Either I am missing something or you are promoting CCleaner. You re correct that the program is free to download, it does identify many items which it says needs to be corrected but registration is required to fix any of them and the only way it will let me register is to pay $29.95.  I am very suspicious of any software which first trys to tell me that it is free and then wants me to pay $29,95 to use it. If they are deceiving me about the free vs $29.95 what else are they misrepresenting?