Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

Visitor
actionguser48
My Device: Torch 9800

Desktop Software v7 Sync Problems with Outlook

[ Edited ]

Hi all, We've just upgraded our copies of desktop software from v6 to v7, however an error message now appears during synchonisation:

"ERROR: COLTransbase::MoveFirstSummaryRecord: Unable to move to first or next row."

Clicking "OK" removes the error message, synchronisation continues but no new entries are synced to the phone, this happens regardless of what the data is (calendar, notes, contacts etc.) The PC this problem occurs on is running Windows XP SP3, with Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 via MAPI. The phone is a BB Torch 9800. This setup worked perfectly with Desktop Software v6.

Some troubleshooting steps I've tried, with no success:

1. Completely uninstalling v7 including removing registry entries and program folders then reinstalling a clean version
  2. Powering off the phone (including removing the battery) and powering it back up again
  3. Creating a new blank calendar in Outlook with NO entries then configuring desktop software to ONLY sync to that calendar
  4. Using the "delete data" feature to delete calendar data off the phone then attempting to resync

I've tried looking for Desktop Software v6 off the Backberry website but can't find it, any link just sends me to v7!

Fortunately I had a copy of Desktop Software v6.01 saved, so I completely removed v7, reinstalled v6.01, connected the phone and now ALL data synchronises with no errors, I even created a new test entry in Outlook's calendar, resynced and it appeared on the phone.

I'm stumped! Any suggestions would be most welcome...

Contributor
r0winms
My Device: 9790

Re: Desktop Software v7 Sync Problems with Outlook

Having the same error

ERROR: COLTransbase::MoveFirstSummaryRecord: Unable to move to first or next row.

but only if syncing contacts. others are okay.

New Contributor
km23
My Device: Not Specified

I have exactlty the same problem.

Any ideas (other than to roll back top v6)?

Contributor
r0winms

Create one contact in outlook and save it. Close outlook, then sync blackberry desktop and outlook. It should be fine.
New Contributor
km23

Thanks for the idea.

I tried it and things did seem to progress further. Sadly , a further error message

"A program error occurred at line 131in .\Error ccp."

popped up.

Contributor
r0winms

Actually it is giving random errors. So this seems to be a BDM software problem. I think RIM should address this immediately.

Ps. I have installed my pc clean and this is the only running app.
New Contributor
rrussell2244

HELP PLEASE! I have a similar problem. Contacts was not even an available option to be synced. After updating all software, I have now the option to sync Outlook 2010 contacts. BUT, the following error comes up: "coltransbase move first summary record unable to move to first or next row". I have three entires for: "First level". in the folders options and two options to use eMail addresses that do NOT have the contacts. Apparently, BB Desktop can't access my Outlook Contacts. Any help would by appreciated. Thank you.

New Contributor
km23

The people art BlackBerry support have been helpful wioth this. It seems itis related to recurring appointments. Here is the link to the Balackberry Knowledge Centre for a work around:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?noCount=true&externalId=KB32032&sliceId=2&cm...

frysey
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hello I had the same error while synching contacts.

ERROR: COLTransbase::MoveFirstSummaryRecord: Unable to move to first or next row.

Went to Advanced options and the Fields tab and unchecked/turned the Sync off for any of the fields that I thought were blank or unused in the Contact, and Synched successfully.

Hope that helps someone.

New Contributor
rrussell2244

You are absolutely AWESOME. That worked like a charm. I would have never thought something so simple will solve the probelm. THANKS :Rockon: