Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Desktop Software

New Contributor
drlsimon
My Device: Bold 9900

Desktop Software will not open in WIndows 7 64 bit

[ Edited ]

Hello

I have downloaded versions 6.0.1, 6.0.2 and 6.1 of BlackBerry Desktop SOftware separately and after uninstalling the version I set up. In each case set up goes fine and a shortcut comes up and I select to start automatically after the setup, but when the program starts it hangs on the bb logo and goes no further. It is not even listed in the Task Manager as running. The same happens when I double click on the shortcut. I try running it in all the compatibility modes from WIndows XP SP 3 to Vista SP2 and the program just hangs without opening. I clean my Registry and I run the same downloaded program (transfer via flash drive) on another computer running WIndows vista SP 2 and it opens perfectly on that other computer so the downloaded fiel is fine.. I do not have another windows 7 64 bit computer to try to see if there is something on my computer that is causing the problem. Help!

New Contributor
ebuntomi
My Device: curve 8520

Re: Desktop Software will not open in WIndows 7 64 bit

Try it on widow 7 64 bit computer it will work.that'§ what ' i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ using.cheers
New Contributor
drlsimon
My Device: Bold 9900

Hello

I am using a Windows 7 64 bit computer which is why i said , "I do not have another windows 7 64 bit computer to try to see if there is something on my computer". The fact that it worked on yours suggests there is something on my computer that is causing the problem. Did you run it as administrator and in Window 7 compatibility mode, or as downloaded (which is Windows XP SP 3 by default)?

Thanks

New Contributor
ebuntomi
My Device: curve 8520

Iwindow 7 compatibilty mode
New Contributor
Kayakr01
My Device: Not Specified

I have the same problem. You should not have to use 'compatibility mode" for something as 'high tech" as the Blackberry.  Someone at Rim is definitely sitting on their rumpus.